Cover versions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover versions

Ryan Tubridy has started this mornings programme with "With a little help from my friends", saying thatit is better than the original ( The Beatles). How about starting a list of songs where the cover is better than the original?

"You've got a friend" James Taylor original by Carloe King

I wouldn't saw the cover is better than the original, but I'd definitely say it was the most original cover of a song that I've ever heard. Scissor Sisters' version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb.
    "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Brian Ferry's version of 'Jealous Guy'

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod
        I wouldn't saw the cover is better than the original, but I'd definitely say it was the most original cover of a song that I've ever heard. Scissor Sisters' version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb.

Sorry, Elle, I think they should have done time for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod
          Scissor Sisters' version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb.
          is possibly one of the worst cover version ever publicly released

Comment

Oasis version of Slades' "Come on feel the noise" is much better than the original.
            To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

Jimi Hendrix covering All along the watchtower[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ryan Adam's version of 'Wonderwall' is better than the original.

Comment

Manic Street Preachers "Suicide is Painless"
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Lisa Hannigan covering Dylan's ''Just like Tom Thumb's Blues'' is one of my favourites at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S55BlxoGFsM

“People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

Comment

Johnny Cash - Hurt and Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah.
                      To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

The cover of Tears for Fears "Mad World" - is it used in Donnie Darko or something??
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Johnny Cash "One" ( I also heard a version in a pub session in Dunshaughlin in 2002 which was much better than both the original and Johnny Cash's version)

Comment

Originally posted by Roll Away
                            Johnny Cash - Hurt and Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah</span>.
                            NO, NO, NO!!!!! Nothing can beat Leonard Cohen, imho. The man is a genius and has a voice like an angel on 60 a day.

Comment

What SRG said

Comment

Working...
                              X