Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blakes will not be sent to US

Blakes will not be sent to US
    THE High Court in Dublin has refused to sanction the extradition to the United States of America of a Cobh couple who are facing charges of kidnap. Tim and Ethel Bla<FONT face=Helvetica size

Finally some sense in our courts.

My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

NOt familiar with this one. Is the mother unfit to care for the boy? Who are the good guys in this?
      Romani ite Domun

Comment

Originally posted by Paddie
        NOt familiar with this one. Is the mother unfit to care for the boy? Who are the good guys in this?

The gist of it goes something like this.

The grandparents who had previously raised the child took the child back to Irelandwithoutthe mother's permission. The child has since been returned and the mother asked for no charges to be brought. The US courts persisted in trying to extradite them for kidnap anyway despite the grandfather being in poor health and the issue being resolved.I must say Ifeel sorry for the grandparents.

My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

It is fairly rare to see that kind of compassion and common sense in court these days. Fair dues to the presiding judge.
          Romani ite Domun

Comment

As I understood it, the Grandparents were granted custody of the child in Ireland. They raised him for a few years and them took him to the states to live with his mother. She got custody in the US and theybrought him back here without her permission. After a while they sent him back to the US. The mother began proceedings in the States but after she got him back, she did not want the Illinois authorities to proceed with the charges but they insisted.

Comment

Working...
            X