Apple iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple iPhone

With O2 and not due an upgrade for ages, gave my most recent one to my missus. Want to get an iphone for work, anyone know where I could buy one? I have friends in the U.S. if this helps.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Shove.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Comment

Dont think you can unlock the new 3g ones from the states john. Google is your friend

Comment

Have got a 2nd hand iphone, in syncing it with my iTunes it says it will erase all data on it, Is there a way around this? want to keep some of the songs/pics etc.

any help?

Comment

You can download apps for saving data - don't know if they save
          music.
          "Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck Savage
            You can download apps for saving data - don't know if they save

music.
            yeah but to use the apps store don't i have to be synqed?

No way of just copying from folders is there?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

I can view all the files on itunes at the moment but can't do anything with them[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not sure - I uploaded a copy of everything I have onto an external
              hard drive.

Would that work for you? Try it on a PC without iTunes and try and
              view/transfer files on iPhone.
              "Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

Comment

Cheers will try a few things out, and there was me thinking the switch from a Nokia to a Sony Ericsonn was hard.. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

itunes is designed to stop you transfering music between ipods
                  etc, unless you can find some crack somewhere, you will need
                  to wipe the iphone
                  The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

But doesn't it transfer all music on the PC into iTunes when launched
                    for the first time on a PC?

Comment

thats a setting, but it will still prompt you before it deletes
                      something.

itunes can be linked to i think 5 ipods, but each ipod can be
                      linked to only one installation of itunes
                      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Use google, there are tools to move music from an ipod to an unauthorised computer....

Comment

im assuming the iphone has music on it and you dont want to lost it? I know with regular ipods if you browse the phone in explorer and show all files and folders (you may have to do this in windows options) theres folders with all the files there.

They have all messed up names like MERx01.mp3 or whatever but once you copy them to computer and import them using itunes it should rename them.

again, not sure if this has changed for iphone.
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
                            im assuming the iphone has music on it and you dont want to lost it? I know with regular ipods if you browse the phone in explorer and show all files and folders (you may have to do this in windows options) theres folders with all the files there.

They have all messed up names like MERx01.mp3 or whatever but once you copy them to computer and import them using itunes it should rename them.

again, not sure if this has changed for iphone.
                            And if you check the web there are some handy little apps that give you a simple interface that shows all music and movies and allows you to move them back - I use iPod Viewer on the Mac

Comment

Well sorted the file stuff, but now phone is synqed it keeps saying 'Pictures folder is disabled' so won't let me uplaod pictures etc to the phone. Any ideas?

I've already gone to the 'Picture' tab and selected the folder (on an external drive) i want to synq.

Comment

Working...
                              X