Documentaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentaries

I haven't seen many good documentaries of late but Micheal Jacksons documentrary with Martin Bashir reminded me of one of the weirdest and compelling documentaries that was broadcast. If anyone has a good documentary feel free to broadcast. Tickettout I don't mean any redtube ones[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]I heard that there was an excellent programme of late about an Irish-American that pumped money into University of Limerick but haven't seen it. Anyway here is an excellent quality stream of the Jackson-Bashir programme. I personally think Bashir did a lot of damage to such a weak charachter. It has been said that it was this documentary that send him over the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RDCDLLIm8

Good stuff toby , was looking for that with awhile. I watched moonwalker last night on youtube , not really a documentrary but a great reminder of the ledgend he was . Also brought me back to my childhood when i first saw it[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
    Heres the link for moonwalker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxzhD6jgNIY

What sets them apart from the rest is that you cannot divorce the team from the crowd. They are as one and the support of an entire province is the catalyst that energises them and the team feed off the red roars.
    - Ieuan Evans, Sunday Telegraph
    25 May 2008

Comment

There is a class documentary by Channel four about the Frazier v. Ali
      fight in Manilla, well worth checking out.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

"Alone it Stands"on Setanta Ireland now.
        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

"The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" - follows the battle between two rivals for the world's highest score in the arcade game Donkey Kong.Heardthisisgood (well,according to my brother anyway!)

A documentaryabout theIsraeli/Palestinian situation, focusing on Jerusalem, by Paddy Ashdown for channel 4 "Battle For The Holy Land - Jerusalem" http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...09219299277245 &ei=_hxNStjxJ4TQ-AbrmbH_CQ&q=battle+for+the+holy+lan d

A documentary about six Israeli women who served in the occupied territories, shown recently on RTÉ "To See If I'm Smiling". Don't have a link, but some more info here http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c719.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen

I haven't seen many good documentaries of late but Micheal Jacksons documentrary with Martin Bashir reminded me of one of the weirdest and compelling documentaries that was broadcast. If anyone has a good documentary feel free to broadcast. Tickettout I don't mean any redtube ones[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]<S&#079;NG>I heard that there was an excellent programme of late about an Irish-American that pumped money into University of Limerick but haven't seen it.</S&#079;NG> Anyway here is an excellent quality stream of the Jackson-Bashir programme. I personally think Bashir did a lot of damage to such a weak charachter. It has been said that it was this documentary that send him over the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RDCDLLIm8

It was about Chuck Feeney, shown on rte. Called "The Secret Billionaire"

Comment

Jacko was clearly crackers long before Bashir came near him!

Comment

Ghosts of the Cite Soleil

About life in Haiti Excellent still not sure how the filmmaker made it out alive

Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

Documentary on Channel 4 with an Irish (Munster[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]) connection ......

"The post-mortem of the fin whale stranded in Courtmacsherry Bay in January 2009 will be shown on Channel 4 in a new series starting this week.

"The programme is entitled "Inside Nature's Giants" and the four part series covers an Elephant (29 June), <S&#079;NG>Fin whale (6 July),</S&#079;NG> Crocodile (13 July) and Giraffe (20 July). All programmes are at 9pm on Channel 4."
                  "Just to be clear, Poite is an idiot" The Plastic Paddy 11-04-2012

Comment

These are good for lectures and interviews.

http://www.ted.com/

http://fora.tv/

But you will find a few gems of documentaries here

http://s14.alluc.org/documentaries.html
                    Stewie: We\'re playing house...
                    Lois: But that kid is all tied up!
                    Stewie: Roman Polanski\'s house.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                      There is a class documentary by Channel four about the Frazier v. Ali
                      fight in Manilla, well worth checking out.

I think I saw that recently, weird juxtaposition that Frazier was mad at his corner for pulling him out, yet in the other corner Dundee was having to try to talk Ali into carrying on. Feck me those 2 did some serious, serious damage to each other that day.
                      Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
                      Were the goalkeeper\'s gloves to you tossed?
                      For it seems to me you\'re the reason,
                      You\'re the reason why paradise lost.

Comment

the power of nightmares is a great one. very interesting look at the rise of islamo-fascism and the american far right christian and neo conservative movementsover the last fifty years or so. yer man adam curtis who made it has another one called the century of the self or something like that, haven't seen it though.
                        \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by friendofthedevil
                          the power of nightmares is a great one. very interesting look at the rise of islamo-fascism and the american far right christian and neo conservative movementsover the last fifty years or so. yer man adam curtis who made it has another one called the century of the self or something like that, haven't seen it though.
                          He also did The Trap about the rise of neo-liberal thought and individualism in the west after the 2nd World War, it's about 6 hours in total I think but it's excellent.

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

good idea for a thread. anyone got any decent animal documentaries?
                            saw one the other day on 'deep sea animals'.. there's some alien like creatures living 4000 metres below sea level

here's some vicious amazonian fish

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ids.individual &amp;VideoID=51659566

Comment

The Fog of War (Robert Macnamara talks US foreign policy)

Walmart; the high cost of low price

Murderball (Wheelchair rugby documentary)

The Blues (scorsese produced collection of docs about Blues music, each
                              film is directed by a different director and focuses on certain aspects
                              of the music and its history)

Also Fíorscéal on Thursday nights on TG4 is a series well worth
                              watching, it has some excellent documentaries from around the world in
                              it.
                              “People are broad-minded. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there's something wrong with him.” - Art Buchwald

Comment

Working...
                              X