pan pipes - should they be banned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pan pipes - should they be banned?

i have no real problem with the soothing sounds of the inca pan pipes as a backing track to some david attenborough narrated documentary on south american fire ants but listening to some amplified carpet clad chap belting out celine dion's 'my heart will go on' down o'connell street in limerick during lunch is a step too far. surely there is a decency law being violated here?

Yup, lock 'em up. Banjo players too while you're at it.
    Hope Not Hate

Comment

How was the holidays Socks?

Comment

all of them or just the ones that play celine dion?

Comment

Originally posted by michael
          How was the holidays Socks?
          not too bad considering the conditions. photo taken at the start of the week.

Comment

Anybody who plays anything by Celine Dion on any instrument first up against the wall (the horsefaced warbling Canuck front of queue, natch) and then all other panpipers and then banjo players.
            Hope Not Hate

Comment

shoite, not exactly what you want to see when you're going skiing. Did you get much snow later on?

I blame the Americans

Comment

it was grand up the mountain. it snowed bits during the week so at least the place was white by tuesday. it dumped down on friday night - we left sat morning. c**ting snow.

Comment

Tough always the way. Last summer as I arrived at my destination the temp went from 38 to hail stones[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]by the time I got out of the airport....
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Anti tash resort obviously [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

"El Condor Paso" would be nothing without pan pipes. Nothing.

Socks, have a goo at the "Stand up for the Ulstermen" thread in other teams/Leinsterfans.com for some cheap laughs . .the shockwave from the clash of egos fractured my monitorreading it the other night.

Why do edits not show up as edits?

Comment

Socks: I don't agree with shooting banjo players, check out Bela Fleck, he might make you reconsider.

If you're a bluegrass fan, the pickings of Earl Scruggs, Bill Monroe or Ralph Stanley will convince you of the worth of the banjo, a combination of percussion, melody and harmony.

Stand up for the banjo!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo

Socks: I don't agree with shooting banjo players, check out Bela Fleck, he might make you reconsider.

If you're a bluegrass fan, the pickings of Earl Scruggs, Bill Monroe or Ralph Stanley will convince you of the worth of the banjo, a combination of percussion, melody and harmony.

Stand up for the banjo!

You forgot Pecker Dunne in that list...

Comment

Originally posted by socks
                            i have no real problem with the soothing sounds of the inca pan pipes as a backing track to some david attenborough narrated documentary on south american fire ants but listening to some amplified carpet clad chap belting out celine dion's 'my heart will go on' down o'connell street in limerick during lunch is a step too far. surely there is a decency law being violated here?
                            So these guys were worse than the Romanians playing SUAF?
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo

Stand up for the banjo!
                              George Stoneman or Ernest stoneman
                              There were a guys who could play banjo

Comment

Working...
                              X