No announcement yet.

Oh, the night feeds!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll second Ashtons and Parsons. We'd tried all sorts of other gels and pastes but they were about as useful as an ashtray on a Honda 50.

I don't think Ashtons and Parsons is available in ROI, but if you know someone going up North or to England it is well worth asking them to pick some up.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Bepanthen is the best thing for nappy rash and teething. It will never let the bum go scaldy or if it does it will fix it in 24 hours. Somethings work for teething on one and not for others. Bonjella worked on one of ours and on the other it didn't. Sometimes you just go to go with the Nurofen. Stop torturing yourself and the smallie and let peace and a nights sleep reign! The teetha powder works during the day but not so much at night. usually because they are crying, tired and cranky and you are bleary eyed so the chances of the powder making it into the mouth are slim. There is Calgel but I never tried it. Parenting is about having a cupboard full of stuff you have tried that never worked.
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

i found the teetha powder very good even at night.

id sprinkle a bit on his soother first which calmed him down then hed open his mouth for the rest and id sprinkle it in.
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
          I believe teething could possibly break us. First tooth appeared, second is driving him and us to distraction. Rivers of drool, waking up hourly and the last nappy brought the international space station crashing down in our garden. Oh for a night's sleep
          B.A. three words for ya. Calgel, Calgel, Calgel. You have to get it from NI or the Uk but the stuff if wonderful. Only job for teething. Used it myself last year on a particularly nasty mouth burn.
          Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Anyone try giving their boy/girl water instead of milk during the night?? Our daughter is one and she is still on three bottles a night. We are finding it tough going.

Comment

Yes. Water worked for us. Keep reducing the amount as well week by week. After about a month our little lad only wakes the odd time. We just leave a sippy cup with a couple of mouthfuls on his bedside locker so he can sort himself out
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Sorry just realised your daughter is only one. In her case have you tried feeding her more solid food during the day?

Comment

You can give her water at night. She should be eating enough during the day. Eventually she will think "hump that if I am only getting water!". It could be teething too.

If all else fails then whiskey...for the parents and sleep through it.

Comment

thanks for the replies. i think she is just a hungry baby as she eats/drinks loads during the day. Teething is a factor too at
                    times.

Comment

Turning off the monitor is something to think about at that age as well. Can be hard to do(particularly for moms) and you know your own kid but we found a couple of nights ignoring the cries and they stopped crying.

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                        thanks for the replies. i think she is just a hungry baby as she eats/drinks loads during the day. Teething is a factor too at
                        times.
                        We added baby rice to the formula last feed before bedtime which really helped fill our lad, who was a gannet, right up.

Comment

Hello - I've been reading the stuff above and taking copious notes, especially the stuff on teething and feeding, all very useful. I have a question that I'd really appreciate some help with:

Am I right in thinking that you hand your push chair/stroller/buggy over to the ground crew with a prayer and a hope? Is there anything you can say or do that might increase the chances of the push chair surviving the journey? (You'll note I'm not worried about LM Jnr, he'll be too busy smiling at everyone around him to care about the flight etc.)

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Comment

Never had an issue with the buggy.I always removed the paraphenalia that was on it so it was just the bare buggy. No hoods, muffs, rain sheets etc. wheel it to bottom of steps making sure to fold it up with it's luggage label intact and hand it over. they put them in last and they come off first. Can't realky go wrong.

Comment

A bungy strap around the buggy can't hurt either if its a well used one where the folding catches are not as strong. Stops it opening when they take it in or out and getting caught on something

Comment

Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
                                Hello - I've been reading the stuff above and taking copious notes, especially the stuff on teething and feeding, all very useful. I have a question that I'd really appreciate some help with:

Am I right in thinking that you hand your push chair/stroller/buggy over to the ground crew with a prayer and a hope? Is there anything you can say or do that might increase the chances of the push chair surviving the journey? (You'll note I'm not worried about LM Jnr, he'll be too busy smiling at everyone around him to care about the flight etc.)

Any thoughts much appreciated.
                                Depends on the airline. Some will let you put them on before hand, some insist that you carry it to the steps of the plane, some give you the option to do either.

If the child is tired / grumpy our experience was that it was best to hold onto it until you drop it at the plane steps. At least it is somewhere to put them if they want to have a nap.

BTW for some bizarre reason Ryanair still don't let people with Children on first. It's a balls trying to manage buggy, screaming child, frazzled wife and 200 other passengers who would happily walk all over you trying to push onto the plane.

I know Ryanair are introducing allocated seating, but until they do, or experience was that it was much better to fly with an airline that give you a seat prior to boarding. It's one less thing to worry about.

Oh, and as for the buggy we used to wrap it up in a cloth golf club transporter that I have. Once you leave it on the ground it is pretty much fupped into the hold asap. Not much protection but better than nowt.

Lastly, get to the airport early! Nothing to set the two of you at war than being late, rushing around an airport with a screaming child (my tip: tell her the wrong time for the flight - it is always the women who make you late ).
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X