Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitzy73
    replied
    No no no. The world isn't full of pedos or people trying to take your kids. Its generally full of fairly honest, decent people.

Bring them to the park etc, let them play while you keep an eye on them from a reasonable distance.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    GPS watches ya or nae?

Security report not too favorable

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/19/co...-smartwatches/
    Last edited by Hugged Rugger; 4th-December-2017, 19:21.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Anyone else:

"Hey kid, turn down the iPad
    Are you listening to me turn down the iPadI said turn it down or no more iPad!

Thank you
    Hey what are you watching?"

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    Thought about putting this in the funny pics thread, but something about it makes me think it belongs in here instead. :)

"Keep your eye on the ball, kiddo."

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    thanks boo boo. handy info. at my lightest id still be considered overweight and look thin so i know charts arent everything

he was a small baby but was 90-95 percentile on height fairly quick, but mid range on the weight. possibly because he never stopped moving, but hes filled out now. i hadn't been tracking as much in the last 6 months or so than i had previously. just thought his legs looked a bit heavier than before recently and given he spends a lot of time on trampoline (hes ASD) i weighed him again and was a bit surprised

edit: ignore me, i usually use the standard chart with all the ages, weights, percentile lines etc.
    Today i was looking at a table and all the weights were much lower but was on a site for people with disabilities. not sure if that was adjusted or not. the normal table has him at 95% height and 90% weight so hes about right for height but has gone up from 75 or 80 (cant remember right now)

anyway thanks for the info
    Last edited by Hugged Rugger; 15th-September-2017, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• Boo-boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    anyone monitor kids weight much? my fella is taller than most his age. Hes 6 1/2 but no smaller than average 8 year old, but looking at weight chart average 8 year old is about 4-5lbs less than him. Hes definitely more than he should be and i need to cut some junk out after the summer but still seems a huge amount even though hes fierce sturdy.
    the thing is tracking. Maybe since he was born he's always been above the average and has shadowed the percentile all along. The guideline is that a child shouldn't drop or go up to the next percentile they should just stay following their own line. If you haven't tracked then it will be hard to know.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    anyone monitor kids weight much? my fella is taller than most his age. Hes 6 1/2 but no smaller than average 8 year old, but looking at weight chart average 8 year old is about 4-5lbs less than him. Hes definitely more than he should be and i need to cut some junk out after the summer but still seems a huge amount even though hes fierce sturdy.
    Last edited by Hugged Rugger; 15th-September-2017, 10:14.

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    might be of interest to some here

Documentary exploring the autism spectrum through the experiences of a number of Irish children, teenagers and young adults, who reveal what it is like to live with the condition. Among the participants is 22-year-old Adam Harris, who has Asperger's and has set up an organisation that supports people with autism and educates the public about it.
    Autism & Me | Monday | 9.35 | RTÉ One

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    these incessant tummy bugs are beyond a joke now

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    It's probably just as well I don't have kids - I would never, ever get tired of pulling this sort of shit and once they were old enough they'd end up murdering me.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Sweating more now but cooler than he was. Still just the single instance of throwing up.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Always a scary combo in kids.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    High temperature and vomit. Could be a long night

Leave a comment:

• Ellethebod
    replied
    i was expecting my little one to be doolally but the only thing she did was wake at 8pm for a feed after her last feed at half 6, when she normally would sleep through from that 6.30 (ish) feed to 12 or 1am.

don't think that has anything to do with the moon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X