X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellethebod
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    I was under impression you can't take ibuprofen if you have chicken pox, but it's suggested for pain relief for shingles?

Also never knew there was a chicken pox vaccination. Anyone ever get it in Ireland?
    It isn'tpart of the jab schedule but kids have to be over 14 months iirc before they can get it and have all other jabs taken. I am contemplating getting it for my little one but I need to speak to the doc first for more info...ill keep you posted as to what he says.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    I was under impression you can't take ibuprofen if you have chicken pox, but it's suggested for pain relief for shingles?

Also never knew there was a chicken pox vaccination. Anyone ever get it in Ireland?

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantom View Post
    Starts with one then suddenly .................................................

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    You don't have to travel outside the country as unfortunately there's a serious measles outbreak in both Limerick and Dublin. This is dreadful in areas where vaccines are free and readily available. Misinformation from the likes of Kathy Sinnott and anti vaccine campaigners have put the health of our children at risk

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...blin-1.3390522
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...st-467095.html

Limerick measles outbreak imported from Middle East

Wednesday, February 14, 2018
    By Catherine Shanahan
    Health Correspondent

A measles outbreak in Limerick — where the number of confirmed cases has risen to 13 — was imported from the Middle East where a patient had travelled over the Christmas period.

Leave a comment:

• Fantom
    replied
    Last edited by Fantom; 14th-February-2018, 01:15.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel Yell
    replied
    You don't have to travel outside the country as unfortunately there's a serious measles outbreak in both Limerick and Dublin. This is dreadful in areas where vaccines are free and readily available. Misinformation from the likes of Kathy Sinnott and anti vaccine campaigners have put the health of our children at risk

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...blin-1.3390522

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    :_explosion__rvmp_by

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Measles epidemics sweeping Europe as infections triple, EU diseases agency warns
    Major outbreaks in Romania, Italy, Greece and Germany have taken root in areas with low vaccine uptake and have spread to UK
    * Alex Matthews-King Health Correspondent London Independent
    * Tuesday 13 February 2018 16:47 GMT
    * 78 comments

Fears about MMR jab link stoked by discredited UK physician led to a drop in vaccination rates
    Cases of life-threatening measles tripled in Europe last year because of a continent-wide outbreak that has even reached the UK, an EU body has warned
    Data for 2017, released last month by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, shows there were 14,451 cases reported across 30 countries in 2017, compared to 4,600 in the previous 12 months.
    Since the beginning of 2016 there have been 50 deaths due to the disease reported in the EU.
    In the UK, more than 100 measles cases have been confirmed in six different regions.
    Experts say these were brought in by visitors from regions with measles epidemics, primarily Greece (where there were 1,463 cases), Romania (10,623), Italy (4,991) and Germany (926).

* Read more

If you have any of these symptoms, see a doctor immediately
    New infections continue to mount and spread despite the disease being entirely preventable with vaccines.
    Low immunisation rates, driven partly by a growing anti-vaccination movement stoking unfounded fears of jabs being linked to developmental disorders.
    Uptake of the measles preventing MMR jab, which discredited doctor Adnrew Wakefield claimed was linked to autism in 1998, has taken decades to recover in the UK.
    Measles has been identified in several parts of the UK this year, with Public Health England (PHE) identifying cases in Sussex, West Midlands, Surrey, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and West Yorkshire.
    Read more
    * Measles outbreak spreading across England, warn health officials
    * NHS warns of measles outbreaks in parts of the UK
    * Measles kills 35 in ‘tragedy’ as disease spreads through Europe
    There have been at least 36 new confirmed measles cases in England in 2018 already.
    The latest update, as of 30 January, reports outbreaks were contained in most regions though cases continue to spread in the West Midlands where there have been 51 confirmed infections.
    The NHS has advised anyone showing symptoms of the highly contagious bacterial infection to stay at home.
    Dr Mary Ramsay, head of immunisation at PHE, said: “The measles outbreaks we are currently seeing in England are linked to ongoing large outbreaks in Europe.

“People who have recently travelled, or are planning to travel to Romania, Italy and Germany and have not had two doses of the MMR vaccine are particularly at risk.
    “This serves as an important reminder for parents to take up the offer of MMR vaccination for their children at one year of age and as a pre-school booster at 3 years and 4 months of age.”
    “Children and young adults who missed out on their MMR vaccine in the past or are unsure if they had two doses should contact their GP practice to catch-up.”

Leave a comment:

• Ellethebod
    replied
    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    I'm not sure if you can get it in Ireland, but Ashtons powders were a godsend for us. Very dubious looking white powder in a wrap, but by god what ever is in it works miracles.
    I have the Teetha granuals but tbh I think tis the fizz thatdistracts her for a bit then she remembers she’s in pain. I had to take her toan after hours doc over the break as I thought she might have an ear infection.The doc was Aussie and he recommended what I could use if I was in Australia!!!One of the recommendations contains Codene….I know someone over there I may getit sent over to me!

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    I'm not sure if you can get it in Ireland, but Ashtons powders were a godsend for us. Very dubious looking white powder in a wrap, but by god what ever is in it works miracles.

Leave a comment:

• Ellethebod
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Might she be sleeping a bit too much/ little during the day? Might she need to sleep in one big block during the day rather than cat nap? I have just battled through my 2 1/2 year old wanting to drop her two hour sleep in the middle of the day. Counter intuitively, we find that when she doesn’t sleep during the day, when she goes to nursery, she wakes very early in the morning. All that said, I have worked out a routine to fit with our requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    She’s always been a catnapper but is at the one big naparound 12 stage – she’s in crèche so she’s in that routine and to be fair it’sbeen working fine, tis just over Xmas with the molars and her routine being outI suppose it hasn’t been helping. We tried as much as possible to keep to thesame routine as the crèche but Xmas is such a funny time with people visitingand you visiting etc etc. Today’s her first day back in the crèche so hopefullyit’ll knock her back into her sleep routine for me…I have to conduct interviewstomorrow so not looking forward to a mental night of trying to get her back tosleep!

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellethebod View Post
    My little one is coming up to 17 months, cutting her molars and is generally being like a devil at night time. Naps fine during the day but at night time she's a wagon. I know tis a phase but I'm at my wits end.

Is it wrong to just let her sleep in her buggy for the night until the phase disappears?!
    Might she be sleeping a bit too much/ little during the day? Might she need to sleep in one big block during the day rather than cat nap? I have just battled through my 2 1/2 year old wanting to drop her two hour sleep in the middle of the day. Counter intuitively, we find that when she doesn’t sleep during the day, when she goes to nursery, she wakes very early in the morning. All that said, I have worked out a routine to fit with our requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• No Bother
    replied
    Not at all, happy mammy, happy baby, get as much sleep as ye can

Leave a comment:

• Ellethebod
    replied
    My little one is coming up to 17 months, cutting her molars and is generally being like a devil at night time. Naps fine during the day but at night time she's a wagon. I know tis a phase but I'm at my wits end.

Is it wrong to just let her sleep in her buggy for the night until the phase disappears?!

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Safe distance for my fella about 6 feet usually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X