Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sewa

Originally posted by No Bother
    Totally not pc but went through hell with the first one, every 2-3 hours for what felt like forever, learnt my lesson, kicked himself out of the bedand the next 2 slept in with me, no sleep issues everybody got a good nights kip. Its alot easier to keep things running smooth when everyone has a good nights sleep.

This truly is married life. Avoid like the plague children
    Everything is fleeting, just a moment in time get the balance right and everything is gravy! Or as I recently heard a senior politican said "you can't take knickers off a bare arse!"
    "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by John123
        We were 8 weeks in and still only getting 2 hours here and there. Thought I was going to lose my mind until one of the lads up in the club recommended using a swaddling blanket. I still thank him to this day, the 2 hours went to 4-5 hours. The little one seemed a lot cosier, and she wasn't hitting/scraping herself which was waking her too.

If it's still the same in 2-3 weeks try it.

Cheers for that John123, will give it a try!
        Karl Spain: "This is better than watching two guys with stutters playing snap!"

Comment

You haven't lived until you are doing night feeds for twins....
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
            You haven't lived until you are doing night feeds for twins....

Oh Jesus! That's all i can say McCloud!!
            Karl Spain: "This is better than watching two guys with stutters playing snap!"

Comment

Take a nap when/wherever you can, like after work or even during. Draw eyes onto your eyelids
              and download the sound of typing on a keyboard, play this on a loop. Also รก la Ferris Beuler, set
              up a recording device that will reply "email it to me" to any queries you are asked in work while on
              the nod!

We kinda evened it out a bit as mum did breastfeeding and i did the nocturnal changing and express
              (feeding of pre"milked" and then usually frozen breastmilk) for the late feed ie 3/4am. Still engrained in my
              head is the image of explosive poo being shat onto my arm/half the room mid change. I'm still
              mentally scarred. But swapping between the two of us meant for the first six months we both kinda got
              a bit of sleep. Eventually when you finally get used to the delirium of not getting sleep your kid will
              sleep through the night!

Did the difficult option of letting our son cry himself to sleep after his bath and bedtime routine.
              Then when older never had probs putting him down as the routine was started at a young age (2
              months). Other friends/relations who said at the time we were being cruel still can't get their four
              and five year olds to actually go to bed... It breaks your heart and you feel lousy but way better in
              the long term for everyone.

Someone left the cake out in the rain, I don\'t think that I can take it,
              cos it took so long to bake it and I\'ll never have that recipe again, oh no!
              -Richard Harris, McArthur Park

Comment

Told my wife the importance of breast feeding and bought myself ear plugs , worked a treat [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I know you probably don't have the time right now but my wife got a book called "the baby whisperer" and the advice seems to work... lots of stuipid anecdotes but worth it for the advice. The best part is you can just ready the bit that is relevan to your babies developmental stage.

some snippets.

Don't have the baby in your bed, you wake him/her up and she wakes you up. It's also safer for baby. Swaddle is also a good idea at a young age, they are used to being held tightly. I would recommend getting one of these if you are worried about leaving them sleep on their own. Provides fantastic reassurance for parents....

http://www.monitormybaby.co.uk/Products/babysense.aspx

To get them to streach out their sleep give them a good a good feed at 12 midnight and then when they wake up at 2-3 give them a dummy. The message will soon get accross that waking up at that time is a waste. You might wait until they are 6 weeks to do that, till they are getting back up to birthweight.

I am not anexpert but the above worked for us...

Comment

Originally posted by sewa
                    The snip isn't as pleasant as your buddies make out. It really isn't
                    I was speaking a buddy about this up at the rugby club there a few months ago and it freaked me out a bit. Apparently you have to kind of kneel down and the doctor puts a local anesthetic between your (** cough cough ** ) and there's a TV up in the ceiling for you to keep an eye on while it is done.

The biggest wonder I learned was even though you may get the snip the wee sperm lads are not totally eradicated until you "perform" 45 times from then on, they say it takes 45 performances for the snip to totally work.

So you could either be in for a great time if your partner is happy to help you perform 45 times from then on , or you may have to find some covert way to do it yourself.

The first option would be best though.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but there's no way I am getting the snip, you never know when those lads may be needed again.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

judging from the lack of replies I can only guess most lads are in shock right now.

Sorry

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                        judging from the lack of replies I can only guess most lads are in shock right now.

Sorry

Jayus Harry had only just managed to uncross my legs and you go and raise this thread again[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

(MCloud I'll be on those twin night feeds soon, May The Lord Have Mercy On My Soul)

Comment

Comment

Twins Harry, that's what the good Cork air does for you!

Enjoy!

Comment

this is what I am having nightmares about

Comment

Working...
                                X