No announcement yet.

Oh, the night feeds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next year of your life will be a bit of a blur Balla.

Even though I knew that it would be a life changing event, I didn't foresee just how much of one it would be. It's fair to say that's it's been a game changer for me, and I live a very, very different life, with very different priorities, than I did a year ago.

Of course, there will be days when you've had two hours sleep, and struggle to put a cohesive syllable together, but one smile, one cuddle, one sleep in your arms and you'd forgive the little one anything.

It's an incredible time in life, so enjoy it as much as you can.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

Even though I knew that it would be a life changing event, I didn't foresee just how much of one it would be. It's fair to say that's it's been a game changer for me, and I live a very, very different life, with very different priorities, than I did a year ago.

Of course, there will be days when you've had two hours sleep, and struggle to put a cohesive syllable together, but one smile, one cuddle, one sleep in your arms and you'd forgive the little one anything.

I'm finding the priorities shifting already, tbh. It's a fairly sobering moment when the responsibility hits you.

I was having a (very early) look at local primary schools the other day and all of the highest performing ones are Catholic. I've gone from militant atheism to asking my mother is she can dig out my communion missal [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Best of luck to you all Balla!

Has Mrs B mentioned the idea of a little brother or sister for Junior yet?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindsider.

Has Mrs B mentioned the idea of a little brother or sister for Junior yet?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

We had 2 theories on going for siblings.
          1. Go pretty soon again so you never get out of the state of sleeplessness and so it makes no difference.
          2. wait long enough that you have forgotten what it is really like!

Comment

Originally posted by Blindsider.

20 hours of labour followed by a C-section. My guess is that it will be me that has to (very carefully) raise that notion, to be honest. [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

LOL! (I was only partly serious!)

1st time labour can drag on alright - Mrs Blindsider was about 18 hrs in labour 1st time around - no C-section though.

Give it a while for the maternal instincts to re-surface - then the fun begins!

Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

Wait til you have the 2nd and 3rd one Fitzy...[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                Dalai Lama

Comment

I dunno where youse get a) the time or b) the energy to "make" number two[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

I'm up since 05.20 this morning and I'm speaking fluent Swahili...
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Having child number 1,2 and 3.

Your Clothes:

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN
                    confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.

Preparing for the Birth:
                    1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don't bother practicing because you remember breathing
                    didn't do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

The Layette:

1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and
                    fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean &discard
                    only the ones with the darkest stains.

3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries:

1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up
                    the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when their wails threaten to wake your
                    firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical
                    swing.

Pacifier:

1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you
                    can go home and wash and boil it.

2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with
                    some juice from the baby's bottle.

3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Diapering:

1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need
                    it or not.

2nd baby: You change their diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
                    3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others start to complain
                    about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

Activities:

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby
                    Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
                    3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out:

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call
                    home five times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a
                    number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees
                    blood.

At Home:

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older
                    child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

Swallowing Coins (a favorite):
                    1st child: when first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the
                    hospital and demand x-rays.

2nd child: when second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for
                    coin to pass.

3rd child: when third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his
                    allowance!!

Comment

So feckin true[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

wife asked for calpol in chemist and they gave her neurofen. is thar just different branding? thought neurofen was stronger and had codine?
                        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
                          wife asked for calpol in chemist and they gave her neurofen. is thar just different branding? thought neurofen was stronger and had codine?
                          No. Calpol is parecetemol and the other is ibubrofen. They can be used together as they are different medicines but they kind of do the same thing. Nurofen is probably better for pain and calpol for temperatures though both have the same qualities if you get me.
                          Both are for 3 months and up unless otherwise advised by doctor. What is babies ailment? Most would probably use Calpol on newer babies but they are both handy when the temperature is going mad and you can alternate the 2 meds every four hours.
                          I do not know why the chemist gave one over the other.

codeoine is only in adult nurofen plus. spaced out babies is not allowed!!!

Comment

thanks, looks like he's teething. got some nelsons granuals which will hopefully be enough
                            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo
                              Having child number 1,2 and 3.

Your Clothes:

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN
                              confirms your pregnancy.

2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.

3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.

Preparing for the Birth:
                              1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.

2nd baby: You don't bother practicing because you remember breathing
                              didn't do a thing.

3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

The Layette:

1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and
                              fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.

2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean &discard
                              only the ones with the darkest stains.

3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries:

1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up
                              the baby.

2nd baby: You pick the baby up when their wails threaten to wake your
                              firstborn.

3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical
                              swing.

Pacifier:

1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you
                              can go home and wash and boil it.

2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with
                              some juice from the baby's bottle.

3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Diapering:

1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need
                              it or not.

2nd baby: You change their diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
                              3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others start to complain
                              about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

Activities:

1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby
                              Story Hour.

2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
                              3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out:

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call
                              home five times.

2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a
                              number where you can be reached.

3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees
                              blood.

At Home:

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.

2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older
                              child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.

3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

Swallowing Coins (a favorite):
                              1st child: when first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the
                              hospital and demand x-rays.

2nd child: when second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for
                              coin to pass.

3rd child: when third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his
                              allowance!!

Great lines in there Boo Boo, Thanks must send that one on
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
                                No. Calpol is parecetemol and the other is ibubrofen. They can be used together as they are different medicines but they kind of do the same thing. Nurofen is probably better for pain and calpol for temperatures though both have the same qualities if you get me.
                                Both are for 3 months and up unless otherwise advised by doctor. What is babies ailment? Most would probably use Calpol on newer babies but they are both handy when the temperature is going mad and you can alternate the 2 meds every four hours.
                                I do not know why the chemist gave one over the other.

codeoine is only in adult nurofen plus. spaced out babies is not allowed!!!
                                and if baby's temp goes too high & is vomiting and not keeping anything down, (possible when teething) Paralink suppositories are the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X