Oh, the night feeds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the night feeds!

The two words that scare the s***e out of prospective parents, moreso if they already have experienced the wonder that is: Night Feeds!

My wife gave birth to our second son about 3 weeks ago! With all of the excitement, you really forget about the night feeds and all that.

Less than 3 weeks on, we're bloody shattered! He's sleeping anywhere from 2-4 hours so can't complain. BTW i'm not complaining in the slightest. I'm just trying to remind myself of the advice i give prospective new parents - The night feeds don't last forever. Now i've added a new line - 'Or do they?'

Any tips or advice out there?
    Karl Spain: "This is better than watching two guys with stutters playing snap!"

Wine in the 11.00 feed and the kid will sleep all night[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
    To the lazy, everything is impossible. To the brave, nothing is impossible.

Comment

Or a nice vintage JD?

Comment

That should help you sleep anyway, and anyway it women's work [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]that should get this going
        To the lazy, everything is impossible. To the brave, nothing is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by dell
          That should help you sleep anyway, and anyway it women's work [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]that should get this going

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

We were 8 weeks in and still only getting 2 hours here and there. Thought I was going to lose my mind until one of the lads up in the club recommended using a swaddling blanket. I still thank him to this day, the 2 hours went to 4-5 hours. The little one seemed a lot cosier, and she wasn't hitting/scraping herself which was waking her too.

If it's still the same in 2-3 weeks try it.

\"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
            Dalai Lama

Comment

We used to wrap ours up nice and snug and they slept well.

Comment

Originally posted by John123
                We were 8 weeks in and still only getting 2 hours here and there. Thought I was going to lose my mind until one of the lads up in the club recommended using a swaddling blanket. I still thank him to this day, the 2 hours went to 4-5 hours. The little one seemed a lot cosier, and she wasn't hitting/scraping herself which was waking her too.

That explains the s**te you were spouting yesterday about ROG[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by de berries

Originally posted by John123

That explains the s**te you were spouting yesterday about ROG[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                  Feel free to abuse me in that thread! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                  \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                  Dalai Lama

Comment

No problem[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by alexmcred
                      We used to wrap ours up nice and snug and they slept well.
                      Our youngest did not sleep more than 4 hrs any night for the fist year it was rough going

Comment

The snip isn't as pleasant as your buddies make out. It really isn't
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Totally not pc but went through hell with the first one, every 2-3 hours for what felt like forever, learnt my lesson, kicked himself out of the bedand the next 2 slept in with me, no sleep issues everybody got a good nights kip. Its alot easier to keep things running smooth when everyone has a good nights sleep.
                          "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Originally posted by sewa
                            The snip isn't as pleasant as your buddies make out. It really isn't

At last!! An explanation as to why youre always cranky! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                            Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by No Bother
                              Totally not pc but went through hell with the first one, every 2-3 hours for what felt like forever, learnt my lesson, kicked himself out of the bedand the next 2 slept in with me, no sleep issues everybody got a good nights kip. Its alot easier to keep things running smooth when everyone has a good nights sleep.

This truly is married life. Avoid like the plague children
                              My computer thinks I'm gay
                              What's the difference anyway
                              When all the people do all day
                              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                              X