Gilligan in pact with Fine Gael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilligan in pact with Fine Gael

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php...m_content& view=article&id=794:cllrs-kiely-and-byrne-in-running-for -mayoral-chain&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60

I thought FF were bad but this takes the biscuit... Jobs for boys, the FG party have no regard for ethics and morals.... watch and see who will pick up expenses, extra salaries and junkets for sitting on pointless chairs, attending meaninless meetings and the though of Kiely as Mayor made me almost want to throw up my breakfeast. I will vote for FG nationally but at local level there leaves a lot to be desired.

Originally posted by Canterbury

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php...m_content& view=article&id=794:cllrs-kiely-and-byrne-in-running-for -mayoral-chain&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60

I thought FF were bad but this takes the biscuit... Jobs for boys, the FG party have no regard for ethics and morals.... watch and see who will pick up expenses, extra salaries and junkets for sitting on pointless chairs, attending meaninless meetings and the though of Kiely as Mayor made me almost want to throw up my breakfeast. I will vote for FG nationally but at local level there leaves a lot to be desired.
    So thats both Labour and Fine Gael that you don't like at a local level. Who do you support ?
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content& view=article&id=794:cllrs-kiely-and-byrne-in-running-for -mayoral-chain&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60

So thats both Labour and Fine Gael that you don't like at a local level. Who do you support ?

Labour don't support because of Richmond..

FG support nationally and also Hourigan, don't know much about McInerney but seems a decent guy, Kiely can't stand, Fahy is alright, Maria Bryne is ok, Jim Long is a racist and Scully is a bit smug all be it he is a good worker [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

FG collectively are a bunch of Pigs atthe trough...

Comment

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content& view=article&id=794:cllrs-kiely-and-byrne-in-running-for -mayoral-chain&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60

FG support nationally and also Hourigan, don't know much about McInerney but seems a decent guy, Kiely can't stand, Fahy is alright, Maria Bryne is ok, Jim Long is a racist and Scully is a bit smug all be it he is a good worker [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

But popular pigs all the same. Kiely and Hourigan do good work in the area that I live, and Fahy and Byrne are spoken well about by the people who live near my workplace. I have always had good time for Scully, he has the cities interests at heart and is passionate about what he does. The others I don't much about.
        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

FG are just taking advantage of the mandate that they have been given - if the people were not happy with the people concerned they would not have got elected. The day will eventually come where we will have a directly elected mayor for the city and when that happens we will have people moaning about celebrity candidiates et al.

While some people may have beefs with the various people involved most of them have been strong club and provence supporters of rugby for some time (K Kiely was president of Thomond last year and Maria Byrne is a long time Garryowen supporter). Surely having people like this in the mayors office will help rugby in Limerick.
          Its deja vu all over again!!!

Comment

I thought FF were bad but this takes the biscuit... Jobs for boys, the FG party have no regard for ethics and morals.... watch and see who will pick up expenses, extra salaries and junkets for sitting on pointless chairs, attending meaninless meetings </span>and the though of Kiely as Mayor made me almost want to throw up my breakfeast. I will vote for FG nationally but at local level there leaves a lot to be desired.
            Isn't that what the Councils are for? Waste of bloody time. In fairness we'd be better off voting for one mayor to shake hands with visitor's and let the city/county manager run the town. The money saved from paying for the needless councils could be put against bin/water charges. I wouldn't put half to these guy's in charge of a herd of goats. In the county the Ahern mafia in Drumcondra wouldnt get a look in on the Collins. The son of the tax dodger is the latest recruit on the council.

Comment

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content&amp; view=article&amp;id=794:cllrs-kiely-and-byrne-in-running-for -mayoral-chain&amp;catid=37:local-news&amp;Itemid=60

But popular pigs all the same. Kiely and Hourigan do good work in the area that I live, and Fahy and Byrne are spoken well about by the people who live near my workplace. I have always had good time for Scully, he has the cities interests at heart and is passionate about what he does. The others I don't much about.

Popular pigs [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Not sure if they are popular but more so that there FF opposition are unpopular...

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent boy 2

FG are just taking advantage of the mandate that they have been given - if the people were not happy with the people concerned they would not have got elected. The day will eventually come where we will have a directly elected mayor for the city and when that happens we will have people moaning about celebrity candidiates et al.

While some people may have beefs with the various people involved most of them have been strong club and provence supporters of rugby for some time (K Kiely was president of Thomond last year and Maria Byrne is a long time Garryowen supporter). Surely having people like this in the mayors office will help rugby in Limerick.

O Loughlin: Shannon (he hates Richmond though)

Gilligan: St Marys

O Hanlon: Richmond

I think Fahy is Young Munsters although I could be wrong.

Comment

Fine Gael were talking to Sinn Féin (Maurice Quinlivan) about doing a deal. They've no problem now as long as the election is over.

I have no time for FG.

Did you see Kiely's circular before the election. He sent around a letter from 'the office of the joint policing authority'! Does he think he's Mayor Guiliani or something??

But at least Kiely has his own ideas. Hourigan does his utmost to claim credit for everyone elses ideas. Long is an out and out racist and should have been thrown out of the party before the election. Maria Byrne is decent, to be fair. And Scully is the best of them by a long, long way, but FG wanted him to lose his seat because he's too fecking good, and a threat to Michael Noonan. You couldn't make it up. FG and mediocrity go hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua
                    Fine Gael were talking to Sinn Féin (Maurice Quinlivan) about doing a deal. They've no problem now as long as the election is over.

I have no time for FG.

Did you see Kiely's circular before the election. He sent around a letter from 'the office of the joint policing authority'! Does he think he's Mayor Guiliani or something??

But at least Kiely has his own ideas. Hourigan does his utmost to claim credit for everyone elses ideas. Long is an out and out racist and should have been thrown out of the party before the election. Maria Byrne is decent, to be fair. And Scully s the best of them by a long, long way, but FG wanted him to lose his seat because he's too fecking good, and a threat to Michael Noonan. You couldn't make it up. FG and mediocrity go hand in hand.

Kiely as Chairman for the Joint Policing Authority, the same guy who tried to get the teenager who had admitted possession of a shotgun during an incident that led to a high speed car chase involving the Emergency Response Unit off... now tried to do a deal with Sinn Fein.... has this guy and morals!!!

Adolf Long, don't get me started on him

Scully and Hourgian are good politicians and are good for FG...

<S&#079;NG></S&#079;NG>

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua

I have no time for FG.

But at least Kiely has his own ideas. Hourigan does his utmost to claim credit for everyone elses ideas. Long is an out and out racist and should have been thrown out of the party before the election. Maria Byrne is decent, to be fair. And Scully s the best of them by a long, long way, but FG wanted him to lose his seat because he's too fecking good, and a threat to Michael Noonan. You couldn't make it up. FG and mediocrity go hand in hand.

Kiely as Chairman for the Joint Policing Authority, the same guy who tried to get the teenager who had admitted possession of a shotgun during an incident that led to a high speed car chase involving the Emergency Response Unit off... now tried to do a deal with Sinn Fein.... has this guy and morals!!!

Adolf Long, don't get me started on him

Scully and Hourgian are good politicians and are good for FG...
                      I'd have said that about Scully but not Hourigan. I think he's very limited. He had no track record in the community (a virtual unknown) before FG and Noonan decided to push him forward.

Comment

You pick candidates on which rugby team they support? How old are you??

Michael Noonan did a lot for the southside of Limerick at a nationa level
                        Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by sparks

He must do, he fecked me out of it on another thread for giving Tom Shortt of Labour my 1st preference because Locky f**ked Richmond around.

Comment

Originally posted by canterbury

Noonan was a very capable minister. No doubt about that. But he ruined FG at local level by stifling any competition for his seat.

Comment

Who said I picked which candidate by which club they are, would burn your Clubman Locky though if I got the chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X