Doctors Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors Fees

I just want to say that I think it is a disgrace that Doctors fees have yet to be reduced. I went to the Doctor last week and was there for about 5 minutes and he himself (not his secetatry) asked for €50. I think it the current economic situation where family budgets are tighter, Doctors too should lower their fees. They are in a privilegded position and in my opinion some are exploitating people. The only answer is that their should be some form of regulation where Doctors can only charge a certain amount.

Got a letter from a consultant re an appointment. Last sentence was please ensure you bring €155 for the consultancy. This on top of the €50 to the local doctor for a referal.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

They are well worth the money as is private health insurance.

Comment

Totally agree with Canterbury, surely it should be weighted based on the amount of time/type of consultation received??? I don't think me walking in, getting a script for tamiflu, and walking out 5 mins later constitutes a €50 fee!

They deserve to be paid well, they work hard but surely weighting it from €30-€50 would be a fairer system? Not a hope the Docs will look at it though!

Friend recently qualified as G.P. and during his training remarked how he coudn't believe how much money he was going to make (based on the doc he was working for), way more than he thought he would!

Comment

some GP's charge a lesser fee to renew prescriptions which is much fairer IMO especially as I have asthma for lifeyet have to renew my prescription every 6 months!
          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

A large %of a doctors fee is professional indemnity insurance. This rises nearly every year aspeople sue for malpractice/misdiagnosis etc.

Comment

My doctor's prices have actually gone UP [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
              Went from €50 to €60 at some stage over the last year. [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Munstermaddog
                A large %of a doctors fee is professional indemnity insurance. This rises nearly every year aspeople sue for malpractice/misdiagnosis etc.
                Rubbish!!! Prof Indem insurance might cost €1-2 per script, at most.

Comment

I was at a Consultant Cardiologist the other day for a review visit.

I was a bit shocked when he only charged me €60 for a 10 minute visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979
                    some GP's charge a lesser fee to renew prescriptions which is much fairer IMO especially as I have asthma for lifeyet have to renew my prescription every 6 months!

I wish that was the case for my formerdoctor, likewise have to get my prescription renewed every 6 months and was charged the same rate just for me to tell my doctor what to write on my prescription. He did not have it on his database and I had been with him for 3 years. Never once took my blood pressure or asked about my general health considering that I have a long term illness. Have changed doctors since and am due back to my new doctor for 6 month prescription, hopefully he will not charge me full whack just to re-fill.
                    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Our family doctor was called to our house a few weeks ago when my Gran took a bad turn. He brought whatever medicine he knew he would need, checked her over and gave her a prescription. Wouldn't take any money.

That was at 3.30 am!

I find it hard to give out about doctors after such decent behaviour.

Wally_fan 25/04/09
                      \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

Dentists are just as bad. I had a check up on Friday, €15 for a ten minute check up + whatever they get from government. I had to go in to get 2 fillings on Monday, was charged €70.

Comment

I remember being toldinsurance was about 20%

Comment

I actully know someone who is a Doctors son and wait for it... is getting a mature student grant with the University of Limerick, he gets €220 a week, rent allowance and a grant for books.... Some Doctors have no morals.

Comment

Originally posted by Munstermaniac
                              Our family doctor was called to our house a few weeks ago when my Gran took a bad turn. He brought whatever medicine he knew he would need, checked her over and gave her a prescription. Wouldn't take any money.

That was at 3.30 am!

I find it hard to give out about doctors after such decent behaviour.

Werenot painting them all with the same brush, there are some very good Doctors out there. SOME...

Comment

Working...
                              X