X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Embarrassing ...

moment...

come on lads friday thread time!!!

Was just thinking we could do with a friday thread, cmon Aoifs, get us started with a good story

Comment

Too embarassed to say..

something to do with playing a mixed 5 a side soccer game, and going commando under my shorts, getting a cramp in my leg, forgetting my sartorial situation, and while getting my legs strecthed, exposing myself to all and sundry...[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
        Too embarassed to say..

something to do with playing a mixed 5 a side soccer game, and going commando under my shorts, getting a cramp in my leg, forgetting my sartorial situation, and while getting my legs strecthed, exposing myself to all and sundry...[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

In the words of Gunther from Central Perk "This is a family place. Put the mouse back in the house"

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
        "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Let the moose loose!

Comment

Too many to mention !! Wait getting really drink at my mates sisters 21st, when i was 17. I caught my finger in the car door on the way out of the car. Than i passed out on the bedroom floor, my finger hanging off. The next day when i walked into the kitchen everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me!!( I lost my fingernail and had to get stitches on my finger!!)

Comment

gwan Aoifs, that's just another drinking story - nothing too embarrassing there...
              I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

The story told recently about the guy who had an "accident" at the
                train station, and mistakenly bought a tracksuit top instead of a
                bottom, and had to wear it as leggings regardless had me in
                stitches [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me see, I was on the plane to London once and got a drink, I opened a bottle of Coke and it exploded all over me and it looked like Id wet myself!!

Comment

that's more like it!!
                    one similar to Robbies above...

While in the wedding party of a "traditionally attired" Scottish wedding... crouching over the video camera set on a very low tripod at the top of a small staircase...
                    I was swiftly given a lesson by a local on the more modest way to arrange one's kilt as to not be an embarrassment!!

I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

Despite not wanting drinking stories i gotta go with this one as the most embarassing, the next day of course.

I was at my cousins christening at the age of 16, after mass everyone went up to the local pub but myself and a cousin went back to my uncles place, found a bottle of vodka and i proceeded to do serious damage to it (my cousin was more sensible). A couple of hours later the assorted family arrive back to the house where i proceeded to abuse anyone who looked in my general direction, an american guest who commented on me being drunk got told in a not so polite way to go back to America, i dared my aunt to take the bottle of vodka off me which she decided against given my state. My parents eventually arrived down, dragged me out of the house (i put up a fight) and drove me home with me cursing them both the entire we home for daring to take my beer off me. I then collapsed in the hallway after trying to go to the toilet half clothed, the wrong half, My parents gave me the silent treatment for over a week along with the rest of the family. Pretty embarassing on the whole[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Of course i dont remember any of this, i was told about it by my mother who a decade later decided she saw the funny side of it. There was no funny side to it at the time though, I'd shamed the family and even worse, id shamed mammy [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

For the life of me, why am I telling you this? [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Years and years ago, went to the opening of asupposedly fancy dan nightclub - low-brow slebs, free drink, people saying "Oh yeah, it's just a summer cold" [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img], people going overboard with the fake tan etc. - , but was "between"sets of contact lenses and way too vain to wear the specs.

After way too many cocktails, decided to find the loo, and ended up in one of those really embarassing situations in very narrow corridor blocked by somebody else. She stepped left, I stepped left, she stepped right, I stepped right, both of us smiling really guiltily at each other. Eventually I decided to break the ice and complimented her on her shoes, very loudly.

Only to realise I was standing in front of a mirror. Beside some _really_ appalled-looking models and D-listers, staring at me as they realised what a muppet I am. That's not the worst of it. [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]I (WTF was I thinking?!?!) decided I could either admitI was a fool and laugh it off, or pretend I was a crazy person. So I spent three minutes shouting at my reflection in the mirror like I was starting a fight, and then stormed off in a huff.

I'm lucky they didn't call the police, really.
                        For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                          The story told recently about the guy who had an "accident" at the train station, and mistakenly bought a tracksuit top instead of a bottom, and had to wear it as leggings regardless had me in stitches [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

I don't know whether it's true or not DG but agreat story.

My most embarrassing experience happened at the presentation of a Lady Presidents prize to men which I had the unfortunate experience of winning. I had to stand up in front of the "ladies" and deliver my acceptance speech. I would prefer to have my nails pulled off one by one than talk in public. I proceeded to forget the name of the Lady President, thanked the wrong sponsor and to cap it all my fly was undone throughout the whole speech. What made it worse is I knew shortly after standing up that it was undone but could do f**kall about it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crimson King

Years and years ago, went to the opening of asupposedly fancy dan nightclub - low-brow slebs, free drink, people saying "Oh yeah, it's just a summer cold" [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img], people going overboard with the fake tan etc. - , but was "between"sets of contact lenses and way too vain to wear the specs.

After way too many cocktails, decided to find the loo, and ended up in one of those really embarassing situations in very narrow corridor blocked by somebody else. She stepped left, I stepped left, she stepped right, I stepped right, both of us smiling really guiltily at each other. Eventually I decided to break the ice and complimented her on her shoes, very loudly.

Only to realise I was standing in front of a mirror. Beside some _really_ appalled-looking models and D-listers, staring at me as they realised what a muppet I am. That's not the worst of it. [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]I (WTF was I thinking?!?!) decided I could either admitI was a fool and laugh it off, or pretend I was a crazy person. So I spent three minutes shouting at my reflection in the mirror like I was starting a fight, and then stormed off in a huff.

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Dodgy eyesight is a curse, isn't it? I blushingly remember thinking I recognised an Argentinian tennis player (at Wimbledon, not just in the street!) and bounding up to him as we passed to wish him good luck for his forthcoming match only to find out later it was actually a coach of another player, who was already out of the tournament. [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img] And then there was the time I told Bjorn Borg to get out of my way ... I should stop going to tennis tournaments really.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by The Crimson King

<DIV>
                              </DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV>[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]</DIV>
                              <DIV>Classic. That'll take some beating.</DIV>
                              <DIV>None of my stories are suitable for this website.</DIV>
                              <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                              http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                              </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Working...
                              X