File Compression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Compression

All right very knowlegdable Munsterfans of the web...[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I have an issue here in work where a document must be uploaded to a document mgmt system. Now this document is fairly large @ 27MB [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img].Now if I compress it using Winzip it comes down to 20MB. Now the powers that be will only accept a max of 10MB. I think what can be done is that the document can somehow be split into multiple compression files and when its reopened that it all comes together
    magically[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] (Like bittorrents)
    So questions is, does any one know how to do this or have any other ideas?
    Cheers

Zip the file and then go to Actions and select split name the split file must be different then the original. Specifiy the size in MB click OK.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Christ didnt think it was that easy..[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
      Cheers McCloud[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

I would suggest that if the document compresses by that ratio that you might want to look at how the original is put together - sounds like you might have a lot of inserts not in the best file format.

Comment

Originally posted by plastic
          I would suggest that if the document compresses by that ratio that you might want to look at how the original is put together - sounds like you might have a lot of inserts not in the best file format.
          Will do that plastic.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X