Car hire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by <BM> View Post
    I've used www.arguscarhire.ie which I've found good to search all the rates and usually have 'no excess' offers on some cars.
    Cheers <BM> Made a new booking with Argus instead, and got one with no excess like you mentioned, it's about 100 quid dearer in total but in general a lot happier with it
    Con Artist

Comment

Actually what do posters here consider best practice regarding insurance with renting cars? CWD or cover for glass/ tyres etc.
      Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
        Actually what do posters here consider best practice regarding insurance with renting cars? CWD or cover for glass/ tyres etc.
        I usually get the minimum cover required.
        "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
          Back in the days when I flew and hired cars I used to get an annual policy from www.insurance4carhire.com

I had a claim once (thanks to the wife) and they paid up no problem.

Comment

Bump,

again peoples thoughts on excess insurance, booked a 7 seater out of Faro in June/July, went through skyscanner, which then took me to Arguscarhire.com to book which in turn have put my business with a local co. ( i assume) Discovery Cars.
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Problem also with going with the company on the Ryanair website is that a lot of the people on the flight will have done the same and therefore can be long delay in getting car organised. Better go to another company,with similiar rates of course. Learned that one through experience in Carcassonne Airport en route to Castres.
              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

http://www.aig.ie/faqs-for-car-hire-...92_516128.html
                some handy advise. Some credit cards will cover it once yiu pay for rental on credit card. car hire comoany way out is to do pre auth on your card for 1000 euro or so which ties up peoples holiday money. A sneaky way to force your hand.
                Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Took Val's advice earlier in thread, checked out the local co. Didn't like what I read and cancelled
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                  X