Seachtain na Gaeilge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seachtain na Gaeilge

Just wondering will many of you out there actually make an effort to speak a little bit of irish or could you be bothered?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Middle Class
    Too poor to afford it.
    Too rich to get it free.

Thosaigh seachtain na gaeilge ar an Máirt seo caite, agus i ndáiríre tá dhá seachtain ann. Tá roinnt rudaí ar siúil timpeall na tíre agus thar sáile. Féach ar www.snag.ie
    Wonderpets, gach maidin ar CULA 4!!!

Comment

Originally posted by James Lynch@tg4
      Thosaigh seachtain na gaeilge ar an Máirt seo caite, agus i ndáiríre tá dhá seachtain ann. Tá roinnt rudaí ar siúil timpeall na tíre agus thar sáile. Féach ar www.snag.ie

That's a (not very) helpful post for those of us who have limited Irish but would be willing to participate in the Seachtain to the best of our abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by pda1

That's a (not very) helpful post for those of us who have limited Irish but would be willing to participate in the Seachtain to the best of our abilities.
        there's nothing wrong with posting something on this thread in irish...

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui

Thosaigh seachtain na
          gaeilge ar an Máirt seo caite, agus i ndáiríre tá dhá seachtain ann. Tá
          roinnt rudaí ar siúil timpeall na tíre agus thar sáile. Féach ar
          www.snag.ie

That's a (not very) helpful post for those of us who have limited
          Irish but would be willing to participate in the Seachtain to the best of
          our abilities.
          there's nothing wrong with posting
          something on this thread in irish...
          gan dabht, ta suil agam go mbeidh gach duine abalta agus broduil an
          gaelige a labhairt an seachtain seo chugainn.

(Gabh mo leithsceal, ni scriobh me aon rud as gaeilge i 9 no 10
          bliana)
          It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

It's not Seachtain na Gaeilge this year - the mad Gaelgoirs have doubled the insanity to give us "Coicís na Gaeilge" which beganon the 3rd of March, and ends on the day dedicated to ourWelsh-born patron Saint with the Roman name.

My ongoing contribution to theblack hole that is the Irish language is to squandertaxpayers' funds on gettingEU and Government documents translated into Oirish for no-one to read. At a time of cutbacks and An Bórd Snip, it's depresing to note that my Oirish translation budget has been doubled this year.

Banana republic how are ya?

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Bímse ag labhairt Gaeilge ar bhonn laethúil, mar sin de ní dhéanann sé an oiread sin de dhifear domsa. Ach tá an "Seachtain" sínithe amach chóir a bheith a fhad le trí sheachtain d'imeachtaí agus d'eachtraí éagsúla i mo cheantar, mar sin de tá go maith!

I speak Irish on a daily basis, so from that perspective it doesn't make much difference to me. But the "Seachtain" has stretched out to nearly three weeks of different events and activities in my area, so it's all good! [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Brón orm a mhac![img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Seachtain na Gaeilge started last tuesday and its really two weeks. There's plenty of events around the country and abroad. For more info go to www.snag.ie (they offer the option of english or irish on the website)
                Wonderpets, gach maidin ar CULA 4!!!

Comment

A waste of time. Ye'd be better off learning Chinese, Polish or Spanish. As this country is Fupped, SNAG is the equivalent of shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                    A waste of time. Ye'd be better off learning Chinese, Polish or Spanish. As this country is Fupped, SNAG is the equivalent of shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.

Unfortunately our kids have no choice.As someone who hasn't spoken a word of this dead useless language since I had it beaten into me 30 odd years ago I spend about 5 times as much time on it as I do on any useful subject when I help my 10 year old with his homework.

I feel folks are entitled to their views etc and if students choose to study Irish I have no problem with it . I do object however to it's compulsory nature within our education system.As Point points out this time could be spent learning a useful language like Chinese or Spanish which will be of economic value in the future or indeed Latin or Greek which would enhance students' knowledge of Western culture.

As I said earlier I have no problem with Irish being taught but please give folks a choice. The Gaelige-Fascism around this issue is lamentable.
                    I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                    HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Class post[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I would love to have a bit more irish in the vocal sense. Although i did have a good time saying the words from the carlsberg ad when in England one weekend. Was in chipper with few irish lads and we started talking, the MOD EDITin the restaurant thought it was hilarious.

The women got so annoyed, we were pissing ourselves laughing!

Ta scamaill sa speir [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Now if only Irish was taught like Spanish (with a hot teacher too) I might have paid more attention
                        Stand up and fight

Comment

I hated this woman and the boredom she caused for me in my final years in school.She ruined Gaeilge for me[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img].

Comment

That ladies lineage post on this site regularly.

I think once they change the way its done in school to actually encourage kids to speak the language instead of just writing and memorising it we'll all be in a better position to have a bilingual society.

Its not the money put into Irish that bothers me, its the way the money is wasted on trying to teach kids a language without actually speaking it.

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                              I hated this woman and the boredom she caused for me in my final years in school.She ruined Gaeilge for me[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img].

absolutely brilliant[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X