Aer Lingus charge for bags but ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aer Lingus charge for bags but ....

They have kept the carry on baggage at an absolutely miserable 6kgs. that coupled with giving the Check-in staff 10% of the checked in luggage charge (meaning the more they force to be checked in, the more money they make), leads one to conclude they are screwing customers for the sake of it.

Aer Lingus are now no better than Scumair. In fact, in this instance, worse. So much for Mannion being good for the customer. Tosser.

Ryanair's cabin baggage allowance is 10kg. Do they ever weigh the cabin baggage? I'm sure The Taxi Driver is pissing himself laughing at "The National Airline" and their latest cost cutting exercise. Does he have a seat on the board yet?
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
      Ryanair's cabin baggage allowance is 10kg. Do they ever weigh the cabin baggage? I'm sure The Taxi Driver is pissing himself laughing at "The National Airline" and their latest cost cutting exercise. Does he have a seat on the board yet?

He will do in time. I bet he will force them to lease those Heathrow slots (Govt can only block the SALE) and give himself a tidy bonus.

Yes they most certainly do weigh the cabin baggage. Easyjet are great though.

Comment

Whist, no sooner than I said it !!! Just saw this

@@@@SPAN =storyline>Aer Lingus criticised over new luggage charges and limits@@@@/SPAN> @@@@SPAN =latest>:: latest@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =story>Aer Lingus is coming in for widespread criticism over new luggage charges and carry-on limits that came into force this morning.

All passengers of the recently-privatised airline will have to pay €4 per bag if they check in online ahead of their trip and €8 per bag for checking in luggage at the airport.

Aer Lingus claims the charges are an attempt to streamline passenger movement through airports.@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN =story>However, the Consumers' Association has described the sum as "ridiculous", saying it flies in the face of the low-cost route that the airline claims to be taking.

The Irish Travel Agents' Association, meanwhile, has described a new[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img] six-kilogramme limit on hand-luggage as bizarre, stingy and unjustified. @@@@/SPAN>

Comment

I've never had cabin baggage weighed anytime I've flown with Ryanair or Aer Lingus. When we were flying to Dubai people were practically carrying ocean steamer trunks with them.

Aer Lingus are going to sink big style with Bertie and his boyos like an albatross around their neck.

Comment

That 6kg limit has been there for quite a while.

"Aer Lingus claims the charges are an attempt to streamline passenger movement through airports."

What a load of bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot Mannion

@@@@SPAN>

Aer Lingus claims the charges are an attempt to streamline passenger movement through airports.@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN>
              </font>@@@@/SPAN>
              Hhmmm.How exactly? Streamlining passenger movement? That sounds rather like The Monster Raving Loony Party solution for reducing class sizes by making pupils sit closer together.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                Originally posted by Dermot Mannion
                @@@@SPAN>

Aer Lingus claims the charges are an attempt to streamline passenger movement through airports.@@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN>
                @@@@/SPAN>
                Hhmmm.How exactly? Streamlining passenger movement? That sounds rather like The Monster Raving Loony Party solution for reducing class sizes by making pupils sit closer together.

And of course Bertie can't intervene now. Clown.

Comment

What pisses me off is that I arranged a holiday and booked our flights (12 of us), back on August 30th 2006, for next June. They quoted me a price and I paid the fare. Now they say that anyone who booked after August 16th will be charged the baggage allowance. Surely once they quote a price and you pay the fare, they cannot now insist on charging for bags. Do I have a case?

Comment

Whinge whinge whinge - if it isn't Quinnie or the ERC or the Greens or the GAA or the ref or Leicester or Scumair or the weather or Eddie O'Sullivan or injuries or notickets or Gwlad or Leinster/Ladyboys or gawd knows what else then it's Aer Lingus.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of the interminable whining and moaning on the bloody site.

Tell you what - the next flag that you lot get should have just a single word on a red background: "Moanster" [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                      That 6kg limit has been there for quite a while.

"Aer Lingus claims the charges are an attempt to streamline passenger movement through airports."</font>

What a load of bull.
                      yeah right! you queue up at the check in counter to:

1. check in

2. have your bags weighed

3. have your boarding card with-held until you go queue up at another counter to pay the baggage charge - "We don't handle cash here"

4. return to first counter with receipt in hand to prove the baggage charge has been paid

5. get issued with boarding card...

Streamline passenger movement indeed.

That was at Bristol airport flying Ryanair - not me but the woman ahead of me in the queue for check-in. Nobody in lline could believe the hassle of it all, thankfully I had only hand luggage that day.
                      I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Whinge whinge whinge - if it isn't Quinnie or the ERC or the Greens or the GAA or the ref or Leicester or Scumair or the weather or Eddie O'Sullivan or injuries or notickets or Gwlad or Leinster/Ladyboys or gawd knows what else then it's Aer Lingus.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of the interminable whining and moaning on the bloody site.

Tell you what - the next flag that you lot get should have just a single word on a red background: "Moanster" [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off to bed now... [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Whinge whinge whinge - if it isn't Quinnie or the ERC or the Greens or the @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">GAA@@@@/SPAN> or the ref or Leicester or Scumair or the weather or Eddie O'Sullivan or injuries or notickets or Gwlad or Leinster/Ladyboys or gawd knows what else then it's Aer Lingus.

Dead right OD. As the great Homer S once said, "Hey, if you don't like it, go to Russia".[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                          Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Originally posted by shep
                            What pisses me off is that I arranged a holiday and booked our flights (12 of us), back on August 30th 2006, for next June. They quoted me a price and I paid the fare. Now they say that anyone who booked after August 16th will be charged the baggage allowance. Surely once they quote a price and you pay the fare, they cannot now insist on charging for bags. Do I have a case?

Snap. We booked for Rome in October to travel in Feb and they're charging the extra money. Not sure if they can or not, but don't fancy paying out to seek legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by shep

You may have. I've had a similar little spat with "the worlds greatest airline" a few years back in Heathrow. Ended up talking to the duty manager and he told me there was no way he would allow me on the flight. When I informed him that my baggage was already checked through, he changed tack slightly. A contract is that; look at the small print. Airlines have a habit of walking all over customers; check your contract (i.e. you'll have signed off something beforeyou paid)before you get back to them. They can get you if legislation changes (as per the last 'security issue' last year over there).

Comment

Working...
                              X