Gaza Attacked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaza Attacked

Starved, humiliated, left without electricity, medical supplies and clean water, the people of Gaza are now being bombed again. When will it stop?
    <H2>At least 40 people have been killed after Israel launched an air raid on Hamas security compounds in Gaza City, a Hamas spokesman has said.</H2>

<DIV ="clearAll"><!-></DIV>

Many more are reported to be injured following the attacks.

Residents reported hearing at least 15 explosions.

Thick black smoke billowed over the city following the attacks, which are believed to have destroyed a number of police compounds.

Many Hamas security compounds are in residential areas, and the airstrikes took place as children were leaving school.

One police compound was hosting a graduation ceremony for new personnel when it was attacked.

Israel has made no comment on the attacks, which followed a decision by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet to widen reprisals for cross-border Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel.

A six-month truce expired last week in Gaza.

About a dozen rockets and mortar bombs were fired from Gaza on Friday, with one accidentally hitting a northern Gaza house, killing two children.
    Free Palestine.

Champions aren\'t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.
    Muhammad Ali

Update: More than 120 people killed and 200 wounded.
    Free Palestine.

Champions aren\'t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

just looking at the reports on Al Jazeera, shocking stuff.
      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

155 killed now. Israel says this is 'just the beginning'.
        Free Palestine.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I had to switch off sky news because of the way they were reporting this, I'll honestly never watch that channel again. 'Israelis left with no other choice' my hole.

Please keep me up to date.

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

I know, they said that even though Israel were 'targetting Hamas installations', there would be civilian casualties. That's all there could be and they know that. Dropping bombs on one of the most populous strips of land in the world while kids were leaving school.... b*****ds.
            Free Palestine.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Really makes you proud to be Irish, doesn't it? I mean to say, Irish people would never bomb innocent civilians, now would we?

I wonder was Barack Omaghconsulted before the Israelis decided to resume their uniquely kosher version of selective genocide.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

F-16s versus unarmed schoolchildren.

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

There will be a demo of some sort in Limerick tomorrow in solidarity with the people of Gaza. Details to follow.
                  Free Palestine.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Really makes you proud to be Irish, doesn't it? I mean to say, Irish people would never bomb innocent civilians, now would we?
                    Au contraire OD very long tradition of trading murder and mayhem with John Bull. But there is, it seems to me, a difference in degree and intent between deploying a gang of angry teens with IEDs and deploying an air force or an army, or indeed navy.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Report from someonefrom the Free Gaza boats from earlier today in Gaza:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD>
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD =title_text style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px" height=25>Report from Gaza</TD>
                      <TD>
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD align=middle width=25></TD>
                      <TD align=middle width=26></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
                      <TR>
                      <TD =normal_text style="PADDING-LEFT: 20px" colSpan=2 height=25>SharonDate : 12-27-2008</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
                      <TR>
                      <TD =normal_text style="PADDING-LEFT: 20px" vAlign=top>
                      <DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" align=justify>3pm from Gaza city (from Sharon, Australia) I was at home beside the small Gaza port, eating a bread and jam breakfast, when the rockets began to fall at about 11am. Six or seven deafening explosions occured not far from my building, which rocked fromt he impact, smoke and dust filling the air. This occurred just as the children were on the streets walking back from school, and when I went out onto the stairs, a terrified 5 year old girl ran sobbing into my arms. Vik (Italy) later ascertained that these rockets had targetted the port police station, and also the "President's Palace" nearby, killing about 20. At the time of the attacks, Eva (Canada) was on Omar Mukhtar street wherea police station had just been hit, and witnessed a last rocket hit the street 150 m away where crowds had already gathered to try to extract the dead bodies. The street was littered with rubble, making it difficult for ambulances and cars to get near enough to take bodies away.Al Shifa hospital in Gaza city is full of dazed, wounded people - and also, we are told, pieces of what were people. Two from our group are currently inside documenting. Eva stood outside the hospital, watching as car after car, as well as the small number of functional ambulances,r ushed into the hospital, Gaza's main hospital, bringing the dead and the severely injured. We also have a team documenting in Rafah. We are hearing that over 100 are dead and over 200 wounded. Several of the police stations that were targetted were having training days, but the dead and wounded include civilians and children. More detailed reports will follow.</DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
                      Free Palestine.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta
                        I had to switch off sky news because of the way they were reporting this, I'll honestly never watch that channel again. 'Israelis left with no other choice' my hole.

Please keep me up to date.

You do know who owns that station, don't you?

BBC will be just as bad in their reporting of it. You can expect the usual bulls**t and spin from the israelis [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

There will be a demo in Limerick tommorrow at 1pm, meet outside Brown Thomas, in solidarity with the people of Gaza and in protest at the latest Israeli murders there. Anyone who is interested is very welcome to come along.
                          Free Palestine.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I was thinking more of Robert Fisk or John Pilger

Comment

ah the new nazi's are at it again....sure why not build some gas chambers next to the mosque's and chrches too....save them alot of money on bullits and rockets

Comment

Working...
                              X