This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    A reminder to lads and lassies currently at a loose end that the Census enumerator job application process for Ireland's Census 2016 opened this morning at http://census.ie/

...and closed shortly afterwards when they had all the applications they needed.

Comment

I wonder did many re-apply from last time? Certainly the person I know who did it ran a mile and she was in a reasonable enough area.
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

My mother did enumerator for a number of census events. Had some 'interesting' experiences but nothing too bad

She was in her 60s-70s at the time
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Full time position working with my good self in Clonmel. If ye know anyone or are interested, linkage below with info:

http://jobs.indaver.com/ireland/vaca...b4c2db962943f7
          "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Get them to correct the spelling of the word energetic

Comment

Oh that comment was submitted when I got the draft to approve for the site!
              "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

Job for Hannibal Lecter ?

http://ie.indeed.com/cmp/Benjis-Fish...6374e95eb52f00

Benjis Fish and Chip - Limerick
                Part-time

Cooking Cleaning and preparing food
                Severing customers,
                Weekend Hours
                Job Type: Part-time

Comment

Cisco VOIP / Network / Security engineer required for company in west Limerick. PM me for more details.

Comment

Brewer in the Cork area looking for a brewer's assistant.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Anyone ever apply for a job and be asked for reference from current employer at the point of application? They don't ring unless your being offered job but I've never used current employer for a reference
                      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Yes I’ve been asked. A couple of the recruitment firms have done so in my experience. The hiring company rarely want it unless they have concerns about why you are leaving current company.

i suggest you offer 3 good references from elsewhere and say you have no issue with them contacting your current company after you have accepted an offer from them.

Don’t accept them ringing the current employer at offer stage, as there is no guarantee their offer will be accepted by you. That would leave you exposed at current job
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I would have thought current employer is not a reliable reference anyway unless it's just a HR yes he works here type thing.
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                          X