X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magsy
    started a topic Crime in Ireland

Crime in Ireland

I'm starting a separate thread... The quoted text is from Rathbaner.
    I feel Supporters, let's stand up and fight! is the appropriate forum.

I hope the Munster Branch do something to mark it before the nation at the All Blacks game - a minute's silence maybe?</span>
    . Everyone needs to stand together to show the outrage and hurt caused
    by this pointless, senseless and cruel murder. Maybe everyone going to
    the game should wear a ribbon or something to symbolise our rejection
    of the gangs, their guns and their hate.

I would go one step further. The Limerick rugby community has a lot of
    influence in the city in every neighbourhood and notch of society. We
    need to show these people that it is absolutely unacceptable! There
    should be a march/rally calling on our politicians to invest more
    money and resources into fighting crime in the city. Willie et al can
    argue all day about the efforts being made but it's obviously not
    working. We need to see
    results, to see tougher sentences put people behind bars, to see an end to the feuds and
    the violence that is ruining our city and so many lives with it! To see that something like
    this NEVER happens again!

• Wallyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    Number of premises including fairly well know 2nd hand Car dealership on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick raided today
    This is a much better pic!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1552653888264.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	2562073

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Number of premises including fairly well know 2nd hand Car dealership on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick raided today

Leave a comment:

• SkullinPints
    replied
    Originally posted by zeno View Post
    There has always been violence and murder..some eras just covered it up more..hopefully Ireland today has no babies starved and thrown in septic tanks.
    I agree - but I see Mr Chips point - I think the relative youth and randomness (esp Ms Valdez) as well as the fact the other 2 murders appear to have been perpetrated by other v young people (or person) is a factor in this....

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Agreed. Without knowing all the details (at least yet) it seems a fair number of innocent people have been attacked and/or killed recently

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Yeah, I'm very aware of the way unspeakable acts were veiled in secrecy in the past - I'm not harking back to some mythical golden era when nobody ever harmed anyone. It just seems a bit relentless at the minute, plus with two of the cases involving young victims, the (alleged) perpetrators appear to be from the same peer group, i.e. teenagers. Given the relentlessness it would have taken to carry out these attacks to their terrible conclusion, I think that's pretty unusual for Ireland, or have I been blissfully unaware?
    No it's been a fairly harrowing few weeks for news.

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    Yeah, I'm very aware of the way unspeakable acts were veiled in secrecy in the past - I'm not harking back to some mythical golden era when nobody ever harmed anyone. It just seems a bit relentless at the minute, plus with two of the cases involving young victims, the (alleged) perpetrators appear to be from the same peer group, i.e. teenagers. Given the relentlessness it would have taken to carry out these attacks to their terrible conclusion, I think that's pretty unusual for Ireland, or have I been blissfully unaware?

Leave a comment:

• zeno
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    So in the past couple of weeks, three young people have been murdered in Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel battered to death by another kid, Jastine Valdez taken at random and strangled, and Cameron Reilly lured to a confrontation in which he was also strangled to death.

On top of all this horror, on Friday night Patrick O'Donnell from Mitchelstown was murdered in a local pub, and just this morning a man has been shot dead at Bray Boxing Club, while two others including Katie Taylor's dad Pete were wounded in the same shooting.

It's been a long time since I've felt as bleak about Ireland as I do right now.
    There has always been violence and murder..some eras just covered it up more..hopefully Ireland today has no babies starved and thrown in septic tanks.

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    So in the past couple of weeks, three young people have been murdered in Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel battered to death by another kid, Jastine Valdez taken at random and strangled, and Cameron Reilly lured to a confrontation in which he was also strangled to death.

On top of all this horror, on Friday night Patrick O'Donnell from Mitchelstown was murdered in a local pub, and just this morning a man has been shot dead at Bray Boxing Club, while two others including Katie Taylor's dad Pete were wounded in the same shooting.

It's been a long time since I've felt as bleak about Ireland as I do right now.

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    Another horrible story about a Foster kid, murdered by her Foster father after her Foster brother got her pregnant..

Depresses the sh!t out of me.

Edit.. In Australia

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    A 13-year-old boy arrested in connection with the murder of Anastasia Kriegelis expected to be charged by gardaí this evening.
    The boy is due to appear before the courts as early as this evening to answer charges in relation to the killing.
    The boy is one of two teenagers who were arrested in connection with Ms Kriegel’s death last week.
    The two were arrested on Thursday as part of the investigation into the death of Ms Kriegel (14) whose body was found last week in a disused farmhouse off the Clonee Road in Lucan. They remain in custody on Friday morning.
    The two are being held at two separate Dublin Garda stations under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.
    Ana disappeared on Monday last week having gone to St Catherine’s Park in the Lucan area. She spent about 30 minutes in the company of some teenagers in the park.
    She was reported missing at 8pm on Monday, May 14th and a frantic search began for her.

Her body was discovered in a derelict farmhouse closer to Lucan than her home in Leixlip on Thursday. She had been beaten to death.
    Gardaí have interviewed first year students at Confey Community School in Leixlip, Co Kildare who were her classmates.
    Detectives believe information that some of the children can supply may prove crucial.
    The gardaí addressed the first-years and told them not to be alarmed if officers needed to speak to them about the case.
    After Ana’s murder last week the first-years in the 750-pupil co-ed school filled out a questionnaire, supplied by the Garda, about when they had seen Ana last. These responses were being reviewed.
    Ana was born in Russia and adopted by her Irish mother and French father aged 2. She was a popular student in her school and loved swimming, dancing and singing.
    She was in the school choir and took part in all the school productions.
    After her death, Confey College implemented its critical incident management plan.
    Psychologists from the National Educational Psychological Service (NEPS) have supported and advised teachers and students in the school.
    In a letter to parents, principal Mike O’Byrne wrote: “You are already supporting your child when listening and encouraging them to express their feelings. All children are different and will express their feelings in different ways. Please feel free to contact the school if you wish us to provide additional help/guidance in supporting your child.”
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has described the killing of Ms Kriegel and also Jastine Valdez as “senseless and brutal”.
    He has promised the support of the Department of Justice in assisting their families.
    “Although nothing we can say will bring them back, I hope we can provide some assurance to the many young women and families out there who are scared and concerned,’’ he told the Dáil this week.
    Books of condolence for Ana have been opened at Lucan Library and the County Hall in Tallaght and will remain open until the end of today.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    it got about overshadowed by the case in Enniskerry while the dna tests and stories were being investigated

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    Two 14 year olds arrested in Ana Kriegel investigation. What a horrific week its been
    I had never heard about this... crazy stuff...
    humanity... what the hell is happening..

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Two 14 year olds arrested in Ana Kriegel investigation. What a horrific week its been

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Mark Hennessy telephoned his wife before he was shot dead by a garda on Sunday evening and told her they would never see each other again, it has emerged. He also left a note apologising for what he had done and indicating where he had dumped the body of Jastine Valdez, the 24-year-old accountancy student he is suspected to have abducted on Saturday.

The note he left in his Nissan Qashqai was bloodied, apparently as a result of self-inflicted wounds, and investigators have now found a large quantity of what they suspect to be Hennessy’s blood in the car. Gardaí believe that, after killing Ms Valdez, Hennessy repeatedly cut himself with a Stanley knife, and was probably preparing to take his own life. His note said he was sorry and to check Puck’s Castle, in the Rathmichael area of south Co Dublin, where the Garda found her body on Monday afternoon, concealed in thick gorse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X