Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kahalui

Originally posted by FORWARD....
    The biggest change we can all make is to encourage everyone you know from buying and/or using illicit drugs OF ANY SORT, hash, coke whatever. That will directly impact on the cashflow of these lowlifes. Each person stopping will make a difference and if a lot of people do, it will have a big impact. If they can't pay off their suppliers, then the flow of drugs stops coming.
    You and everyone you know can do this-from today.

I'd support a minute's silence/ribbon at the match as well. The whole country is shocked at this.

RIP- I hope tro see a minutes silence for the game

Do you actually think that coke addicts are going to stopusing because of this tragic event</span>?

In the unrealistic case of drugs no longer existing or being sold, the former gangs, druglords will find money somewhere else by robbing houses, cars, or killing

No, the drug lords don't make much cash from addicts. It's mostly from the 'social users' because there are so many more of them. In particular, cocaine is very profitable, not because of what it costs to supply, but because of the huge markup-it's sold to middle classes in Ireland predominantly. Addicts aren't going to be reading this thread, but occasional 'social' cocaine and hash users will. Next weekend or whenever they are next offered or want to buy some, they should think of this event. They can make a difference-just stop buying the stuff NOW</span>.
    Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta
      It's in reaction to a tragic and inflammatory issue, which means a march could quite often mean angry mob shouts at politicians and not dignified group of people express outrage at situation. Angry reactionary mobs are a calling card of the far-right and accomplish nothing.

Like Fitz said, some sort of candlelit vigil as a show of solidarity would carry more of a powerful message.
      After those two Polish lads were brutally murdered with screwdrivers in Dublin, the local community held a very dignified protest against the killings and anti-social behaviour in general. Their anger was palpable but there was nothing reactionary about it at all (I can't recall if the Trades Council in Dublin were involved - I may very well be mistaken), in fact it had more in common with the anti-sectarian marches in the North pre-peace process than any right-wing torch wielding mob.

I think something fitting like that could be arranged, but perhaps not on the day of the match. Perhaps on the Saturday before there could be a demo with people wearing their club colours or something on O'Connell St?

Of course you'd have to be considerate of the family's wishes as well too.
      If you think the system is working, ask someone who isn\'t.

Comment

Originally posted by Magsy
        My concern is that this happened when B Fitz (RIP) was killed outside his house 5/6 years ago. It was nearly the exact same scenario, walking home from work and outside his house.

Slightly different Magsy in that Brian Fitz had drawn their ire by trying to stop them selling drugs on the premesis. He was deliberately targetted, even though he was an innocent man.Shane Geoghegan was simply the wrong person in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui

The biggest change we can all make is to encourage everyone you know from buying and/or using illicit drugs OF ANY SORT, hash, coke whatever. That will directly impact on the cashflow of these lowlifes. Each person stopping will make a difference and if a lot of people do, it will have a big impact. If they can't pay off their suppliers, then the flow of drugs stops coming.
          You and everyone you know can do this-from today.

I'd support a minute's silence/ribbon at the match as well. The whole country is shocked at this.

RIP- I hope tro see a minutes silence for the game

Do you actually think that coke addicts are going to stopusing because of this tragic event</span>?

In the unrealistic case of drugs no longer existing or being sold, the former gangs, druglords will find money somewhere else by robbing houses, cars, or killing
          No, the drug lords don't make much cash from addicts. It's mostly from the 'social users' because there are so many more of them. In particular, cocaine is very profitable, not because of what it costs to supply, but because of the huge markup-it's sold to middle classes in Ireland predominantly. Addicts aren't going to be reading this thread, but occasional 'social' cocaine and hash users will. Next weekend or whenever they are next offered or want to buy some, they should think of this event. They can make a difference-just stop buying the stuff NOW</span>.

In a way, (although not directly and not exclusively) everyone that has paid for an illegal drug and created a bit of this massive market has a responsibility for the level that this situation has grown to, and last weekends tradgety is a terrible by-product of this market which is not created alone by the gangs. They are suppling a product to a customer in a self regulated market, and the rules that they live and die by are lethal.

So as said, stop buying it, i have friends that "use" sometimes and on a night out i will go home or elsewhere if they are using, each to their own but im not going to stand around and pretend to enjoy someones company when they are off their head.

The people of limerick should react the way that the concerned parents against drugs did as seen in the film the general. "pushers out".

Munster players are the heros of limerick and further afield, maybe they should be involved in some way?

Comment

Seems as if there was a stabbing in ballinacurra this evening
            Stand up and fight

Comment

Just a couple of points.

Magsy, B Fitz was an intended target which makes this different.

I think the Ireland game for a minutes silence would get more attention.

And one question,

Can anybody quantify what was achieved by the high profile raides carried out a few months back where we were all left with the idea that they had finally had enough and were putting a stop to the madness?
              Stewie: We\'re playing house...
              Lois: But that kid is all tied up!
              Stewie: Roman Polanski\'s house.

Comment

I cant see any benefit to the march being down O'Connell Street. Surely
                there would be a more sensible place to march to. Would it not make
                more sense to
                march there, and then turn around and march out again. - If that takes
                four seperate marchs so be it.
                Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

Originally posted by sparks
                  Wearing ribbons at the game or the candlelit procession are both great ideas, i would be up for both!

The minute's silence in TP,if it happens,willbe televised and should send out a very powerful message,which would be all the more so if people at the game held lit candles during it.
                  I agree, but a message is all it could ever be. The scumbags will not simply cease
                  operations on account of public discontent at their activities.

We need a dramatic and fundamantal change, as the current system of undermanned and underresourced gardai, the courts and entire legal system, and jails are simply not able to deal with these elements of society.

It was widely reported for example that the intended target of last Sunday mornings hit was a major drug dealer.

The authorities know who the bad guys are - but are powerless to stop them.

Comment

Bock the Robber on the ball again

"Dear God.
                    On the night we host a rugby international in our town, and welcome
                    thousands of visitors to our magnificent new stadium, what happens?"There's more

Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

On the ball me eye. Turn on Liveline any day of the week and you'll
                      hear the exact same stuff. Throw them all in a prison camp and set dogs
                      on them. Yeah, that's what we need to do.[img]smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                      Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
                        Have you any real suggestions Chief?

Comment

Suck that peace pipe chief, that's not what he is saying.

People who live in Limerick have a right to live in peace and security. We shouldn't have to suspend the constitution to achieve that.
                          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Right now there are a lot of people in Limerick prepared to suspend the "rights" of these scum, if that means internment on offshore prison camps (preferablyoutside mobile range)or Diplock Courts, etc., then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

Right now there are a lot of people in Limerick prepared to suspend the "rights" of these scum, if that means internment on offshore prison camps (preferablyoutside mobile range)or Diplock Courts, etc., then so be it.
                              ...and here they are.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                                Have you any real suggestions Chief?

Implement harsh mandatory sentences for knife/gun possession (to target
                                the muscle end of things) and use the special criminal court and CAB to
                                go after the lads pulling the strings. If the Chief-Super says you're a
                                member of an illegal organization, and this is corroborated by
                                surveillance, known associations and your existing criminal record then
                                into prison you go.

Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X