Crime in Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crime in Ireland

I'm starting a separate thread... The quoted text is from Rathbaner.
    I feel Supporters, let's stand up and fight! is the appropriate forum.

I hope the Munster Branch do something to mark it before the nation at the All Blacks game - a minute's silence maybe?</span>
    . Everyone needs to stand together to show the outrage and hurt caused
    by this pointless, senseless and cruel murder. Maybe everyone going to
    the game should wear a ribbon or something to symbolise our rejection
    of the gangs, their guns and their hate.

I would go one step further. The Limerick rugby community has a lot of
    influence in the city in every neighbourhood and notch of society. We
    need to show these people that it is absolutely unacceptable! There
    should be a march/rally calling on our politicians to invest more
    money and resources into fighting crime in the city. Willie et al can
    argue all day about the efforts being made but it's obviously not
    working. We need to see
    results, to see tougher sentences put people behind bars, to see an end to the feuds and
    the violence that is ruining our city and so many lives with it! To see that something like
    this NEVER happens again!

Originally posted by Magsy
    I'm starting a separate thread... The quoted text is from Rathbaner.
    I feel Supporters, let's stand up and fight! is the appropriate forum.

I hope the Munster Branch do something to mark it before the nation at the All Blacks game - a minute's silence maybe? . Everyone needs to stand together to show the outrage and hurt caused by this pointless, senseless and cruel murder. Maybe everyone going to the game should wear a ribbon or something to symbolise our rejection of the gangs, their guns and their hate.
    I would go one step further. The Limerick rugby community has a lot of influence in the city in every neighbourhood and notch of society. We need to show these people that it is absolutely unacceptable! There should be a march/rally calling on our politicians to invest more money and resources into fighting crime in the city. Willie et al can argue all day about the efforts being made but it's obviously not working. We need to see results, to see tougher sentences put people behind bars, to see an end to the feuds and the violence that is ruining our city and so many lives with it! To see that something like this NEVER happens again!

Tougher sentences is the key for me, but while they are in prison all ties with there own within prison need to be broken. I was working in Limerick Prison on job and my minder was telling me that in one cell was a father and son. Limerick prisoners need to be sent to Cork or Dublin or a prisoner exchange with across the border. There should be no physical contact between prisoners and visitors. To clean prisons have a elite search squad that arrive at random or acting on intelligence to search cells when ever they want. The people who do this should have there identities kept secret to help prevent reprisals.

This awful tragedy shows they don't even know who there enemy is. This scum are careless,reckless, easily ledand life has little or no value to them.

Those that see no harm in shoving some white powder up their nose or having a spliff (whatever its called) part of this mans blood is on your hands. Drugs come with guns and idiots/murderers come with guns.

A minutes silence is the least that should be done.
    Is it only a game?
    And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

I think a major demonstration to cooincide with Brian Cowen's visit next week should be the first thing. These guys think that they're on top of this but at the same time the scumbags can still prowl the streets with no fear. WO'D and Peter P should have pretty lively clinics as well until far more effective action is taken.
      The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

I think a major demonstration to cooincide with Brian Cowen's visit next week should be the first thing. These guys think that they're on top of this but at the same time the scumbags can still prowl the streets with no fear. WO'D and Peter P should have pretty lively clinics as well until far more effective action is taken.
        What day is Mr Cowen coming to town? It would be great if the people of Limerick could demonstrate our anger and frustration at the lack of progress over the past few years.

Comment

This country needs selective internment for drug related crime.

Comment

Originally posted by seanp

Tougher sentences is the key for me, but while they are in prison all ties with there own within prison need to be broken.
            Agree 100% seanp. I have just returned from a shortvisit in Algeria. During my visit I was interested to find that there is almost no petty crime, and very little serious crimenow that the country has settled down again. Theft of a mobile phone carries a sentence of 3 years, and guess what ? It is imposed. You can leave a mobile phone lying around visible inside a car now, safely.

Comment

I actually don't think the politicians are the problem, it's the sentences that are not being imposed by the courts. What kind of influence has the state got on the judiciary? Don't they have to be completely seperate? More creative detention is the key.

I don't think the match visit is the place for a demonstration. An acknowledgement of his loss with a minutes silence is an appropiate action.

A badge, armband, pin, etc or something to say enough is enough Limerick people a sick of gangs destroying lives and ruining our good names.
              Is it only a game?
              And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

I think we should take a lead from the ould ones and march.

This murder has appalled all Limerick citizens and a march on O'Connell St would have the effect of showing our politicians that we want action, showing the scum bags we wont stand for it anymore and most importantly showing the poor guys family and friends that the people of a proud city are united behind them in their grief ...

Comment

The biggest change we can all make is to encourage everyone you know from buying and/or using illicit drugs OF ANY SORT, hash, coke whatever. That will directly impact on the cashflow of these lowlifes. Each person stopping will make a difference and if a lot of people do, it will have a big impact. If they can't pay off their suppliers, then the flow of drugs stops coming.
                  You and everyone you know can do this-from today.

I'd support a minute's silence/ribbon at the match as well. The whole country is shocked at this.

Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

I completely agree that a march down O'Connell street to highlight the lack of action by authorities to combat these so called gangs is a must. The ordinary honest decent working people of Limerick need to have their voices heard.

This unfortunate lad was by all accounts a decent chap who loved his rugby and his club. We cannot just let him become another statistic of this filth who have blighted our city.

Time has come for the Limerick rugby fraternity to put the foot down and let the authorities know that we cannot and will not stand for this.
                    After all, every Limerick senior club has teams from other provinces visiting them to play AIL week in week out. We want these people to leave our city with fond memories of Thomond Park and the fabulous work that has gone into regenerating Limerick city, we do not want them to go back home with stories of bullet proof vests and scumbags shooting people.

The time is now!!
                    Cut it into 6 slices morris, I\'d never finish 8!!

Comment

I think the Gardi are doing all they can, that is not much good if the Judges are not going to impose the sentance that fits the crime. What happened in Limerick over the weekendis a disgrace! Now pepole can't walk home in case they are mistaken for a scumbag.

There will be a big push on to sort out the gangs they will lay low for a while and as soon as everything get back to normal they will start again. pressure needs to be applied to their everyday life so it impossible for them to operate and keep the pressure on them to insure an other innocent person isn't killed.
                      Up the Yellow Road

Comment

Originally posted by cookie-girl

I think the Gardi are doing all they can, that is not much good if the Judges are not going to impose the sentance that fits the crime. What happened in Limerick over the weekendis a disgrace! Now pepole can't walk home in case they are mistaken for a scumbag.

There will be a big push on to sort out the gangs they will lay low for a while and as soon as everything get back to normal they will start again. pressure needs to be applied to their everyday life so it impossible for them to operate and keep the pressure on them to insure an other innocent person isn't killed.

Agreed. Itwould only be a matter of time before some of them turn informer giving the Guards the intelligence re movement of drugs etc. Also as has been touched on by a number of posters,the ivory-tower dwelling judiciary would want to get their heads out of their arses and start imposing the sentences they are empowered to. I still think it has to come from the top which is why I still think Cowen should leave here in no doubt what the people want from him and what they think of his action so far.
                        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie-girl

Agreed. Itwould only be a matter of time before some of them turn informer giving the Guards the intelligence re movement of drugs etc. Also as has been touched on by a number of posters,the ivory-tower dwelling judiciary would want to get their heads out of their arses and start imposing the sentences they are empowered to. I still think it has to come from the top which is why I still think Cowen should leave here in no doubt what the people want from him and what they think of his action so far.
                          And what prisons should we put them in? The out-dated, and overcrowded ones we currently use? There isn't space in the prisons to keep these people there.
                          It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Well, if we took out the people who don't pay their parking fines and TV licences there might be a bit more room, not much I grant you, but some. And there must be a good few more who are inside needlessly.

Comment

Maybe a march of some kind is a good idea to let Cowen &amp; Co knowthat the peopleof Limerick demand more and that we want to be able to walk in or neighborhood without fear! I am up for it anyone else?
                              Up the Yellow Road

Comment

Working...
                              X