She’s on it again..You’re a star

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She’s on it again..You’re a star

Niallos daughter maeve is on again this sunday. rte1 at half 6. she has got my vote [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

She gets my vote too. Has a great personality. The day of one of the autumn internationals she go on the Luas to head into town. She was travelling from Hueston to Jervis Street. Our gang were travelling from the station on to closer to the game. She had lots of people in the carriage laughing and giggling with her sense of humour and asked all and sundry ( very mannerly ) to vote for her as she was gonna be in the show.

Best of luck to her.

Comment

15 February 2007

Red Army urged to back Maeve’s bid for stardom

By Jimmy Woulfe, Mid-West correspondent
      AS she prepared for the latest round of RTÉ’s You’re A Star programme next Sunday, teenage singing sensation Maeve O’Donovan yesterday spoke of her first, and saddest, public performance.

Maeve, aged 16, said: “My granddad’s funeral took place in Blackrock church in Cork last March and I was asked to sing at the funeral Mass.

“It was the first time I sang before a large number of people in public and a very poignant occasion to sing before the congregation. I was unaccompanied. Obviously, as well as being a very sad time, I was very nervous.”

Maeve’s mum Cathy said: “Our family asked Maeve to sing at dad’s funeral Mass and she went up to the altar and sang beautifully. She was only 15 and sang ‘Angel’. Her grand dad would have been very proud of her.”

Maeve’s father, Niall O’Donovan, is a well known figure in Irish rugby and is the forwards rugby coach with the international side.

Not surprisingly, Maeve and her older sister Laura, aged 19, are serious rugby fans. Maeve said: “As the only Munster contestant left, I hope the Red Army will now come in behind me on Sunday night.”

Being wrapped up on duty with the international side, Niall has missed the last two TV shows.

“We keep in touch with text messages ” said Maeve, “and he rang me on the mobile last Sunday night to say well done.”

Maeve, who is a fifth year student at Laurel Hill, attends singing classes at the Music Tutorial Centre. Even there, the talk is about rugby as her tutor Olive is wife of former rugby international Brian O’Brien.

You’re A Star viewers can vote next Sunday night between 7.30pm and 8.30pm to decide who goes forward to the next round.

*Votes for Maeve can be sent by text to 53600 or by phone to 1513717111.

Click here for irishexaminer.com stories before this date
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

If you all text vote for her, don't come on here b***hing about companies spamming your mobiles.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Ruck my kids have been melting my mobile texting in each weekend and I have got no spam[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Do the good thing and VOTE Maeve
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

This thread epitomises the whole problem with that You're a Star program, its all about parochial voting rather than talent! I'm not saying that Maeve isn't talented but historically it hasn't been talent that keeps people in the show but how many votes you can garner from your promotional campaigns locally....I'm sorry but the whole things ajoke when compared to the likes of the X factor....has anyone heard of Lucia Evans since or that chap from waterford?I thought not.....forgive me for being cynical but please get this excuse for a talent show off the TV asap and stop wasting licence payers money on it![img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Well done all on "coming out" of the You're a Star closet. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Lads get voting Meavebefore 8.30- I reckon she will need as many votes as possible tonight.

Comment

Words fail me.

Its people like ye who keep that stuff on TV. Shame on on you all.

Comment

She's Niallo's daughter so is the only reason I flick over to it.[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Comment

<!-
                      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                      var SymReal;

Sym()
                      {
                      window.open = SymWinOpen;
                      if(SymReal != null)
                      SymReal();
                      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                      {
                      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                      SymReal = window.;
                      window. = Sym;
                      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Just looked at the show tonight and have a question for you. When it showed the family tonight, the girl sitting next to Niallo had a tag that said Maeves Sister. She looks very like the girl that advertises the gear in the Online Munster Rugby shop. Is she????

Comment

yup she is.

Did meave get through tonight?

Cant touch this do do do do do do do do cant touch this

She\'ll drag the lake
                        To keep the vendetta alive.

Comment

I only turned over and there were 2 of 3 acts to get through, none of which were her,

so I assume she must have

Comment

Yea she got through.Judges were tough on her.I thought her Mother was going to deck Shrek o connor.
                            I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                              Words fail me.

Its people like ye who keep that stuff on TV. Shame on on you all.

Agree. Stop encouraging this rubbish

Comment

Working...
                              X