Whats on the radio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats on the radio?

I am interested in what radio stations people are listening to these days in Ireland.Now with the internet streaming alot of themIcould target certain shows/broadcasts during the day, if so any recommendations would be appreciated.
    No signature

Matt Cooper on Today FM starts at 1640 GMT, excellent programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawn Run
      Matt Cooper on Today FM starts at 1640 GMT, excellent programme.
      Would be better if he could pronounce Guardian and Al-Qaeda properly.

I listen to Steve Wright on BBC Radio 2 during the afternoon, followed by George Hook on Newstalk.

Comment

Went to Hook for a while but back to Cooper now, I prefer it. Moncreiff on Newstalk is excellent but Off The Ball on Newstalk is my favourite show at the moment.
        Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Originally posted by daveirl
          Went to Hook for a while but back to Cooper now, I prefer it. Moncreiff on Newstalk is excellent but @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">Off The Ball on Newstalk @@@@/SPAN>is my favourite show at the moment.
          Agree Off The Ball is excellent. Been a long time since I stayed listening to radio after seven in the evening rather than watch tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Krusty
            Originally posted by daveirl
            Went to Hook for a while but back to Cooper now, I prefer it. Moncreiff on Newstalk is excellent but @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Off The Ball on Newstalk @@@@/SPAN>is my favourite show at the moment.
            Agree Off The Ball is excellent. Been a long time since I stayed listening to radio after seven in the evening rather than watch tv.

Their rugby coverage is excellent if a little Leinster-centric.

Comment

Originally posted by Krusty
              I was only saying that to someone at lunch, I'd be quite happy to listen to it instead of watching whatever tripe is on TV in the early evening. If Newstalk was on the Sky Box I'd be sorted, then I could flick to it [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
              Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

I checked out both today fm and newstalk this afternoon andI like them both so far.cheers!
                No signature

Comment

today fm breakfast show with Ian Dempsey 7-9amGMT is pretty good early mornings as well... they have a regular slot at 8.10/8.15am where they slag off various personalities through an impressionist.

I keep missing it at the mo' you'll find downloads of it on their website - look for Gift grub. Jose Marino(chelsea manager)does a few songs, they have regular things with Roy Keane(former irish soccer captain)& his brother Jay (responsible for the proliferation of the term Langer). They even had a song from the irish rugby team a few yrs back- now banned 'cos every time it's played they promptly lose.

Some of the pieces you'd need to know a good bit about current irish stuff to appreciate, but generally they're quite good. And some pieces are just about the various regional stereotypes.
                  Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

I listen to Newtalk during the day, usuall give Orla Barry a miss but listen to Brenda Power (Your Call), Lunchtime (Eamon Keane) and Moncrieff, have to say Moncrieff is my favourite but Lunchtime can be decent listening too.
                    Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                    Munster: Early Season
                    Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                    Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                    Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal
                      I listen to Newtalk during the day, usuall give Orla Barry a miss but listen to Brenda Power (Your Call), Lunchtime (Eamon Keane) and Moncrieff, have to say Moncrieff is my favourite but Lunchtime can be decent listening too.

I'd listen to Prendeville on 96fm (I know, I know [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]), might take a bit of Brenda Power/Joooooeee duuuuffeee but usually switch Moncrieff off (have tried to like the show but I just can't get into it. better than the gowl on Radio 1 but not by much). Matt Cooper from 16.30 whenever I can. I didn't think he could carry it when Dunphy left but in fairness he has made it his own.

Comment

Donal Dineen on Today fm. midnight 'til 2am. Monday -Thursday. Electronica, singer-songwriters, old gospel and blues and the odd nugget of inspired madness
                        \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                        P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Hector gone from 2FM apparently.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/h...fm-617476.html
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Reports suggesting the lack of interest from the Dublin audience in a country boy the reason behind it.

Comment

In fairness it had gone fairly **** with guess the brand of tractor, weight of the baby and angry car etc
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X