Did you ever have one of those....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever have one of those....

Exams where you actually dont have an f ing clue howto do most of the questions. well it happened me today!!! wasnt too confident going in had4 out of 8 topics covered and had to do 3 long questions out of 5so as youwould expect i wasreasonably confident that 2 out of the 4 i had covered would come up. To my horror, only 1 came up. i was sitting there thinking to myself "god i havent a notion how to do any of these questions bar 1" so i did the one question i knew about 5 pages. then i sat there hoping that some thought would pop into my head on another topic. it didn't. I began to think of when was the last time i was in such an unbelievably bad situation. honour maths leaving cert pre was the only one that came close, i got 17% in that one went on to get a D3 in the actual leaving cert. ended up writing a page and a half of waffle on the second question and just couldnt do anything for a 3rd one. only saving grace is that i got 70 out a hundred for my project so i need another 90 marks from the other 2.reckon ill get 20 for my page of waffle which means i need 70 for my good question. 4th year and all so if i fail im F...ked.
    on this team we fight for that inch, on this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. we claw with our finger nails for that inch. because we know when we add up all those inches, thats going to make the f**king difference between winning and losing

Put it behind you, there's nothing to be done now but work for the next exam.

I've been in plenty of exams where I thought I failed, did badly etc, and generally you overestimate how bad you did (though I did achieve the remarkable 2 out of 20 in a french oral once).

Anyhow, finish the exams, get mad drunk and forget about the results.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

just roll with the punches [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

things are never as bad as they seem
      \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

Comment

thanks for the advice lads. just need to stopposting here so i can start studying again. 3 to go. god i cant wait to go to the lodge next thursday!!!!!!!!
        on this team we fight for that inch, on this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. we claw with our finger nails for that inch. because we know when we add up all those inches, thats going to make the f**king difference between winning and losing

Comment

Originally posted by munster85
          thanks for the advice lads. just need to stopposting here so i can start studying again. 3 to go. god i cant wait to go to the lodge next thursday!!!!!!!!
          ahh the lodge, i remember when that was just a place for people from newcastlewest to fight outside!
          Hi sham, gimme 2 pints of carling, a bottle of bud, and a vodka and orange for the burd

Comment

it still is!!!!!!!![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img][img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img][img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I know a fella who spelled his name wrong in an exam and got docked marks for it.

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
              Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus
                Originally posted by bedstuybosco

<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

//->just roll with the punches [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

things are never as bad as they seem

Who gave you the Philosophers stone [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
                <!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

//->

ive been there 2 many times myself
                \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

Comment

A while ago now but was in a similar situation in an electrical engineering exam. I just answered the questions i had prepared anyway, got 30%, and through some strange mark compensation system managed to get through and didn't have to come back from my J1 for the repeats. Keep the spirits up - its usually not as bad as it seems.

Comment

had one today,if satan had a favourite subject it would be econometrics.the most baffling subject known to man!!
                    g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                    -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                    -thomas sowell

Comment

feckin exams

they are tough but great piss ups when they are finished

To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Comment

Exams only matter in the short time - if you've to repeat so be it, it's not the end of the world! You may be lucky and have written down stuff to get you marks. Examiners are only looking for key words and will scan for them, underline and mark according to their sample paper. Very simple really so you could be lucky

Comment

Working...
                        X