SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

anyone recommend a good surround sound system for a living room?

[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
    \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

If you can afford their astronomical prices, there really is no better kit than Bose for sheer sound quality. For more aesthetically pleasing kit, I'd look at Bang and Olufsen - again, not cheap mind.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

These are fantastic. Small, so they dont take over your room, but extremely powerful.
      How come when Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider he gained superpowers yet when Alexander Litvinyenko ate some sushi laced with polonium he lost his hair and died? Once again it\'s one rule for comic book superheroes and another for KGB turncoats.

Comment

Get yourself an Onkyo or Hardon Karman receiver and any decent set of speakers, like the ones DQ mentioned and you'll have a much better system than Bose for half the price.

All can be gotten on ebay or head in to Peats or Harvey Norman to get the receivers. They'll rip you off in there but they are easy to find!!
        It happened, and I was there.
        4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
        What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quayballs
          These are fantastic. Small, so they dont take over your room, but extremely powerful.

Holy sh1t Batman.

They are a serious price. £800??? Do you have these DQ?? I was thinking of changing my speakers as they came with the Onkyo receiver and are fairly hefty. Sound is top notch but I would prefer something smaller like these m-cube.

Do you know if you can buy them without the Subwoofer and how much they might be?? I could cope with 3 of them really as the other two are hidden at home so wouldn't matter what size or type they are.

Comment

Yeah, decided to treat myself BM. They are really good, very pleased with them. Not sure if you can go without the subwoofer, or whether it would be recommended.

This seems the best price according to pricerunner, plus I dont think you can buy the speakers seperately unfortunately. I have them running with a Yamaha amp. The whole thing was recommended to me by a techie expert friend, and I got to say I'm very happy with them.
            How come when Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider he gained superpowers yet when Alexander Litvinyenko ate some sushi laced with polonium he lost his hair and died? Once again it\'s one rule for comic book superheroes and another for KGB turncoats.

Comment

Hmm. That price isa little hefty for me at the moment!!!

I'll have to stick with my eyesore for another while I think!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus
                Originally posted by bedstuybosco

<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                window.open = SymWinOpen;
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

//->anyone recommend a good surround sound system for a living room?

[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

I know I fella who can get you a good price Boss.. He's nat in is house at the moment. If you can get to the bis shmoke, yez can nick a daycent wan near crumlin .[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                <!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

//->

my minions are en route [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

Comment

I have a basic system. Sony STR KS500. Only cost a couple of hundred euro in Soundstore in Cork. Does the job fine and aesthetically pleasing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73
                    If you can afford their astronomical prices, there really is no better kit than Bose for sheer sound quality. For more aesthetically pleasing kit, I'd look at Bang and Olufsen - again, not cheap mind.

Bose are definitely the best value for money I have a 321 System which is a 2.1 System (means two speakers and a sub woofer) and am planning on upgrading to a 5.1 system which is their lifestyle range,

You cant beat watching a match with the 321 system which has a virtual surround sound capability and the price is 900 squids, not bad at all, also you get a very handy universal remote

Comment

btw soundstore in cork are doing a bose trade in promo at the moment, you can bring in any old piece of junk and get money off

Comment

Originally posted by SpringPOC

Originally posted by fitzy73

Bose are definitely the best value for money I have a 321 System which is a 2.1 System (means two speakers and a sub woofer) and am planning on upgrading to a 5.1 system which is their lifestyle range,

You cant beat watching a match with the 321 system which has a virtual surround sound capability and the price is 900 squids, not bad at all, also you get a very handy universal remote

<!-
                        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                        var SymReal;

Sym()
                        {
                        if(SymReal != null)
                        SymReal();
                        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                        {
                        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                        SymReal = window.;
                        window. = Sym;
                        }

//->

Any online stores do these?

Comment

<DIV>Bose are hugely over-rated and even more expensive. B&amp;O are pure style over substance with a hefty premium attached.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>If you are looking for something small then KEF's (if you're onlu looking for audio) would be worth considering. I just have my tv hooked up to a Primare 2 channel amp with a set of System Audio speakers. It won't loosenyour bowels but it is an excellent hi-fi set up and does well enough for DVD's/tv. My room is far too small for a 7.1 set-up (there's even 9.2 set up as well with some of the newer high end home cinema amps) but I would be going down that route with a projector for an immersed home cinema experience.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>If you're curious then have a look at the Cloney Audio forum. It's mid to high end gear they sell but the forum is an invaluable source of information for those with an interest. If you've a bit more than an interest then check out AV Forums.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>If you're looking for the complete package (subwoofer, satellites, receiver etc) then a one brand box kit would the safe option if you don't hanker after high fidelity sound. There are a number of products on the market (Denon, Samsung, Philips, Sony etc.), go into a Hardly Normal and have a look then get onto t'internet.</DIV>
                          <DIV></DIV>
                          <DIV>Another option would be to consider the Yamaha YSP series. They are a one box "surround sound" system, using an array of mini speakers firing on a time delay to replicate surround sound.</DIV>
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Some speaker packages that don't cost the earth

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                            X