Many fans here??

Just finished Salems Lot recently - class book

also Read so far by him

Misery - great thriller
    The dark Half - good idea but not his best
    Pet semetary - great horror great ending
    Carrie - good - bit short

dont like the dark tower stuff but may get to like them

To not give it everything, is to sacrifice the gift.

Pity that thought he had died...
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Read quite a bit of SK. 'The Stand' is great but my own personal fave is 'The Dead Zone'
        It is also one of the few SK books to translate into a semi-decent film, starring Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen in an early (and failed attempt) at Jed Bartlett
        \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
        P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by spinner

Read quite a bit of SK. 'The Stand' is great but my own personal fave is 'The Dead Zone'
          It is also one of the few SK books to translate into a semi-decent film, starring Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen in an early (and failed attempt) at Jed Bartlett
          Cool ya gonna read that next actually sonunds class

What about great books from him that went into films.. I think there are lots -

Shawshank redemption
          Green Mile
          Misery
          Salems Lot
          It
          Cujo

I like Carrie too

I am afraid to read Stand..its so long

Comment

was in a bad car accident but survived

Comment

Best book I've read is the first book Iread, SKs 'Desperation'. Scared the bejesus outta me. Brilliant.

The movie 'It' terrified me. As it probably did most 8y/olds.
              As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said, “if the day does not require an AK, it is good.”

Comment

The Bachman books (pseudonym for SK) are very good.

Running man (what were they thinking when they made the movie version of this[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]??) the story is so much better.

Rage - very similar to The Columbine story

The Long walk is probably my favourite

and Roadwork is a good "I shall not be moved" kind of story (think Arthur at the start of Hitchhikers guide but a lot lot darker.)
                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

I read "Christine" about 10 times when I was a wee lad. Brilliant book at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dedon

Cool ya gonna read that next actually sonunds class

What about great books from him that went into films.. I think there are lots -

Shawshank redemption
                    Green Mile
                    Misery
                    Salems Lot
                    It
                    Cujo

I like Carrie too

I am afraid to read Stand..its so long

if your reading the stand make sure it's the unabridged version. when first released in early 80's it had approx 600-700 pages. the unabridged version released in early 90's had appox 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979

The Bachman books (pseudonym for SK) are very good.

Running man (what were they thinking when they made the movie version of this[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]??) the story is so much better.

Rage - very similar to The Columbine story

The Long walk is probably my favourite

and Roadwork is a good "I shall not be moved" kind of story (think Arthur at the start of Hitchhikers guide but a lot lot darker.)

Would have to agree about The Long Walk. Fantastic story. Running Man is very good and, apart from maybe the basic premise and the name, kicks the films arse.
                      \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                      P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

The dark tower series starts well but after the Wizard and glass,(songs of Suz and the wolves of calla) thefollowing novelswere mind bendingly boring. I want to read the last book to finish off the seies but not sure if a i can take the boredom. The Stand is a great read.

Comment

Originally posted by michael

I read "Christine" about 10 times when I was a wee lad. Brilliant book at the time.

[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]Scared the Bejeesus out of me when I was about 12/13. Don't know if it would have the same effect now, but well worth the read.
                          Wally_fan 25/04/09
                          \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

Thinner is a good one for learning about dealing with gypsys[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
                            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by rorymagory

Best book I've read is the first book Iread, SKs 'Desperation'. Scared the bejesus outta me. Brilliant.

The movie 'It' terrified me. As it probably did most 8y/olds.
                              There is a "sister" book to Desperation called The Regulators written under his Richard Bachman pseudonym. Very good it is too

Comment

Working...
                              X