Ryanair dishonesty (cheats)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair dishonesty (cheats)

Sorry, about the strong language, but at this moment I am totally outraged by my experiences with Ryanair tonight. In summary, as my flights to Grenoble thru Stanstead was returning Sunday morning, I decided not to go this weekend. Instead I tried unsuccessfully all eveing to change my flights to another destination so as not to lose all my fare costs. The Sterling part of the journey cost 191stg, so thats the one I was going to try and book a nice weekend away with. Having picked out a nice weekend from Shannon to Biarritz in April, with total cost at €120 on the normal booking site, I then went into the modify booking page, picked the same flights and they were costing 259stg, subtracting my 191 so I owed 68stg. (which is almost the same as booking it from scratch). After hours of trying different destinations, and getting the same answer, I decided to find a fare costing 1 cent each way. (Dub - Doncaster midweek in April). I chose this option in the modify booking and it came up on the site showing the flights were 1 cent each way. I ok'd the changes to my original booking and low and behold the overall total was 259stg - 191 paid, leaving me owing 68stg. As my original flight is now less than 12 hours away, I can no longer modify my original booking, but was there any point anyway as I was being cheated all the way. I have used Ryanair numerous times this year and appreciate the opportunity they have given people to make it affordable to take cheap breaks. However, I want to see the day when O Leary is taken down a peg and sued for false advertising, which he has built his name on.

true.

scumair have been great for getting aer lingus and others to toe the line but christ if you experience any complications / delays / changes you are snookered.

golden rule i stick to is only travel with them if there are dirt cheap (less than€100)and i have plenty spare time when travelling.

Comment

Ryan air provide what they offer a flight and nowt else. If you want to change fair enough then you pay. Just thing when next you check into an aer lingus flight with a bag costing 8 euro's to check in 10% will go to the person checking in. I vote ryan air because it does what it say on the tin, if you change well you pay. Fair enough.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

SCUMAIR
        Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia
          SCUMAIR

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
            Ryan air provide what they offer a flight and nowt else. If you want to change fair enough then you pay. Just thing when next you check into an aer lingus flight with a bag costing 8 euro's to check in 10% will go to the person checking in. I vote ryan air because it does what it say on the tin, if you change well you pay. Fair enough.

McCloud, Do you not see my point? I was prepared to pay cancellation fees of €25 each way, no problem. But how can they quote me 259stg on a flight that was costing 1 cent each way for two people? No matter what the cost of the flights I was booking, it kept coming up with a total of 259stg. Their site says €25 cancellation fee and also the difference between the old and new bookings. My flights were way less than the original booking and yet they were charging me more than what I paid originally. Figure that out

Comment

Shep ryan air if I'm booking with ryan air as they are a cheap flight group I do not try to change my flights I start a fresh booking much cheaper. As I said read the can book and fly no problem start changing your flights you pay. Simple rules.

Comment

I've learnt my lesson

1. Dont book an away Munster game without knowing the location and time.

2. Don't book with Ryanair unless you intend to fly or Die.

3. Realise that 90% of what Ryanair promise is Lies. ( Free flights for Munster supporters, Change flight for only €25 penalty, 1 Million Free flights by Midnight) Nothing is FREE with Ryanair.

Its late now and I'am resigned to the fact that I'am not going to the match, so to those that are going, roar them on and make Geneva a home match for the lads. See you in Thomond the following week.

Comment

Ryanair are a shower of bollixes no two ways about it but the masses will continue to fly with them because they offer a cheap service (although not in shep's case this time!) to destinations all over europe. The horror stories that people have to tell are endless yet in spite of all this negative press, their numbers still keep increasing. Any complaints are usually met with 2 fingers from o'leary.

McCloud is spot on though - once you start changing bookings, etc then they are gonna fleece you big time. And don't even expect them to say thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cling Cling

Ryanair are a shower of bollixes no two
                    ways about it but the masses will continue to fly with them because
                    they offer a cheap service (although not in shep's case this time!) to
                    destinations all over europe. The horror stories that people have to
                    tell are endless yet in spite of all this negative press, their numbers
                    still keep increasing. Any complaints are usually met with 2 fingers
                    from o'leary.

McCloud is spot on though - once you start changing bookings, etc
                    then they are gonna fleece you big time. And don't even expect them
                    to say thank you.
                    Apart from changing flights, the only problem Ive had with Ryanair
                    was arriving at a check-in desk about two minutes too late. Desk was
                    closed, no staff anywhere to be found. Ended up staying the night in
                    Stansted airport (surprisingly not very comfortable).

However, they tell when check-in closes and warn that once the desk
                    is closed, tough luck. Other than that, I've never had lost luggage
                    with them, never missed a flight because of them and generally
                    found them to be pretty efficient.

They're out for your money, however they can get it, but for what
                    they charge, and with the service they say they offer, nine times out
                    of ten, you can't argue with them.

Comment

I have had a fair few probelms with scumair - late flights, lost luggage, rude staff but you get what you pay for with them. If you accept the fact that they don't give a monkeys about you, you're have way to understanding their business model.
                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

I've been lucky with Ryanair, only late once and that was due to snow so hardly their fault!

Comment

I've had no problems with Ryanair that I haven't had with Aer Lingus.
                          Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

I find with ryanair that more often than not the flight takes off a few mins ahead of schedule so can't knock them on that count. They are ruthless when it comes to leaving on time and closing the check in desk in your face as you leg it through the airport is one of the reasons for this.

Aer lingus on the other hand are delayed regularly. Friday evening flights from shannon to heathrow are a nightmare.

Comment

ive never had any trouble with ryanair. i missed check in once and the girl radiod the boarding desk or ground crew to see if we could go and they said no. We went to the ryanair desk, paid to change our flight, went and checked in, went through security had a look around the shops and went to boarding gate and the flight we missed was just finishing boarding. But at the end of it i missed the flight and they have a policy so tough s**t on me

ive more issues with howdublin airportis being run than ryanair to be honest. at this stage i wouldnt worry about ryanairs 40 minute desk close as if your only in dublin airport with 40 minutes to go you wont make your flight anyway

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X