Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Coverage of Munster Games on setanta

Hey there all,

I've recently given in and decided to get Sky Sports - such is the level of effort I have to go through to motivate the other half to go to the pub to watch the HC matches. I'm thrilled though as I get to see so many other HC games as well now. However, I had been going to the pub to watch the CL games as well, but had found a good few weren't on Setanta's normal channel.When I was onto NTL, they said the CL games are on one of the extra setanta channels that you have to subscribe to - so I believed them and since then have not seen any rugby games on an any setanta channel other than their free one! Do they have any exclusive rights to the CL or are NTL taking the p*ss (and around 8 euro a month) out of me? Grr!!! Things were so much simpler in the two channel days....!! Does anyone know??[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by cuairteoir

Hey there all,

I've recently given in and decided to get Sky Sports - such is the level of effort I have to go through to motivate the other half to go to the pub to watch the HC matches. I'm thrilled though as I get to see so many other HC games as well now. However, I had been going to the pub to watch the CL games as well, but had found a good few weren't on Setanta's normal channel.When I was onto NTL, they said the CL games are on one of the extra setanta channels that you have to subscribe to - so I believed them and since then have not seen any rugby games on an any setanta channel other than their free one! Do they have any exclusive rights to the CL or are NTL taking the p*ss (and around 8 euro a month) out of me? Grr!!! Things were so much simpler in the two channel days....!! Does anyone know??[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Here in the Rugby Capital of Ireland,possibly the world,we have a cable TV company called Chorus. They charge €13 pm for Setanta and no you don't get all the ML matches but you do get quite a few plus matches from the French Top 14. Here's the Magner's League schedule showing the matches Setanta plan to cover.

http://ie.setanta.com/portal/content/mlfixtures

I've also had to get Sky and yes you do get a lot of other matches besides Munster's but I find their commentators and particularly their pundits a pain in the arse.
    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Jaysus, at the bottom of the link AG, there is a list of top try scorers and top points kickers.. and not a look at a munster player in any of them.... well Manning is there a little... but not much presence for the european champions...

... It's not right I tell you... the ML league needs more respect... No team will ever be considered great until they dominate their own league and the HC aswell...[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Mr Guinness!

My Limerick abode is not even set up with cable so I am happy enough to continue the pub going while there, when the CL matches aren't on in Thomond Park in the first place that is! The rest of the time I'm stuck in Dublin with NTL but it's better than searching for rugby pubs in the suburbs only to find its the premiership again! Just to clarify - is the rugby on setanta sports or setanta xtra? As soon as I know for sure, I can cancel the setanta xtra subscription - if I ring NTL now I should be off hold by the time the next game is on! They are useless!

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake
          Jaysus, at the bottom of the link AG, there is a list of top try scorers and top points kickers.. and not a look at a munster player in any of them.... well Manning is there a little... but not much presence for the european champions...

... It's not right I tell you... the ML league needs more respect... No team will ever be considered great until they dominate their own league and the HC aswell...[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

I saw that ILC and no we haven't been top of the class in the ML. Things are a little brighter in the HC though. Without looking who's our top try-scorer?

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/36_438.php

Comment

Mr Guinness!

My Limerick abode is not even set up with cable so I am happy enough to continue the pub going while there, when the CL matches aren't on in Thomond Park in the first place that is! The rest of the time I'm stuck in Dublin with NTL but it's better than searching for rugby pubs in the suburbs only to find its the premiership again! Just to clarify - is the rugby on setanta sports or setanta xtra? As soon as I know for sure, I can cancel the setanta xtra subscription - if I ring NTL now I should be off hold by the time the next game is on! They are useless!

There are now 8 Setanta channels in allI gather - they transmitthe rugby games on about 3 of them but you can usuallysee most of them - eventually - on the single Setanta channel that you can getfrom NTL.

I'm in satellite dish land, so I'm not sure what NTL Dublin offer you - but presumably it's Setanta Ireland.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Mr Guinness!

A chuairteoir,my sympathies on your unfortunate location. I lived there myself for 18 years before things took a turn for the better and I wound up here. Setanta Sports is the one you're looking for,or is at least the one whose schedule I gave above. Looks like you're getting it for less than us,all of €5 less.Sky Sportscosts another €25 or so.My son is in Galway and there NTL have it as part of their basic package at no extra charge,or did the last time I spoke to him about it.

Comment

Yeah it's Setanta Ireland, for free. Although NTL keep jacking up the prices every 4-5 months for their "service". Biggest joke is that if you have their digital service you still have to pay for the basic cable @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline;">as well@@@@/SPAN>.
                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

Originally posted by i_like_cake

I saw that ILC and no we haven't been top of the class in the ML. Things are a little brighter in the HC though. Without looking who's our top try-scorer?

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/36_438.php

Has to be Leamy AG....... now to check..................[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

EDIT...... I am also temporarily in Galway, where Setanta is part of the basic package... although no one really cares much for rugby up here... Thankfully i did not have to edit the Leamy answer...[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                  He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Don't know who it is, but I'll bet my lump sum gratuity that it's not a Munster back! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Don't know who it is, but I'll bet my lump sum gratuity that it's not a Munster back! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

As near to a risk free bet as there is [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

p.s. I'm looking at getting shot of Sky Sports. They've now lost the
                      USPGA tour golf, and I don't watch much soccer. The rugby is good but I
                      could watch that in the pub [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Perhaps (horror of horrors) Chorus digital might now be preferable? I
                      rang them recently, and gave up after 15 minutes holding for a sales
                      agent. I even texted a prominent MF.com contributor to ask someone to
                      call me. Nothing doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X