Howya boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howya boss

Sadly none of this is unique to Ireland, a traveller on traveller murder occurred not far from me a fortnight ago. There will be a reckoning now which will make a mess for everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the plastic paddy; 17-May-2016, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
      Anecdote and data rarely match.

It is fair to say that where there is Traveller criminality in some families, it can be egregious. That visibility tars all with that brush. Anecdotally, I do get the feeling even in my time in the law that Traveller culture is in an unrecognised crisis, very largely linked to the emergence of serious drug issues that have broken down the existing structures. Let that loose, it can get very visible and very nasty from the minority who do go bad.

Anecdote and data rarely match he says.
      He then follows it with what he says is an anecdote.

Sticking in the odd big word/phrase doesn't make a silk purse from a sow's ear of a post.

Comment

I've had a few encounters and limited interactions with travellers over the years, and every one of them has been a negative experience.

That doesn't mean they are all bad people, but it'd make you wonder was I just very unlucky.
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Why are there such large numbers of Irish travellers in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

Because we export our surplus under one of the EU's problem-sharing schemes. It's a real money spinner! Some years ago I earned a six figure grant from an EU Innovation Fund for shipping 400 of them to a charming village in deepest rural Suffolk. Raised the average local IQ by 14 points and helped to keep the village school open and two pubs, a shop and an off licence financially viable.
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Would they be served in the pub's?
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                Would they be served in the pub's?
                Not sure. They only served me pints, pork scratchings and crisps last time I was there, but I didn't see the full menu
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

They stand out because of the way they live, the controversies they are involved in and the fact that they keep the accent down the generations.

Comment

Stupid question, but serves to underline how little I know about a community alongside whom I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                      I've had a few encounters and limited interactions with travellers over the years, and every one of them has been a negative experience.

That doesn't mean they are all bad people, but it'd make you wonder was I just very unlucky.
                      Hey and there was I thinking I was the only unlucky one.....same experience, been around a long time and no good experience with this "Ethnic" minority to report!

Comment

Working...
                      X