• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laura Marling/Liam Weldon.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
      Last Joe Jackson's work. Brilliant. The voice is intact. The inspiration equal as it was in the old albums. Intemporel. Why do some seem not to get older and I not (This negative grammatical form with seem or want is for me a real issue. Can somebody help?..)? Anyway, a real good way to forget the years. Thx, Mister Joe!
      Thanks JN, I'll take a listen. I've been a fan of Jackson since the 'LookSharp/I'm the Man' era but haven't listened to recent stuff from him
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Cowgirl says watch this you lot
        I am the million man.

Comment

Looking to buy some new kit...Bose or Sonos. I like Bose..but just been looking at 2 sono's speakers...nice.
          Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Looking to buy some new kit...Bose or Sonos. I like Bose..but just been looking at 2 sono's speakers...nice.
            What kind of kit? Bluetooth Speakers ir conventional?

Comment

Can't go wrong with Bose.

Comment

Sonos overpriced. Buy bose or any good set of plain speakers and get a chromecast audio to make them wireless.
                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Wifi ..was looking at 2 play 1 speakers. ..set up as stereo..good sound range..got them to play led zeppelin. .and Pavarotti, verdi .and dire straits...had a great time.Didnt get to hear the Bose...no reps in store..bad at Christmas time.
                  Now am thinking maybe get a sono's soundbar ( I need a soundbar) and 2 play one speakers...steam music all over house.Have hundreds of cd that I put onto iTunes. .so want to tap in to those.Not interested in paying for spotify etc....I have enough music.
                  Im not going to Paris on 9th now so am looking to compensate myself😆
                  Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFystPbb2dI

Richie Buckley's clever soprano sax weaving of the "Londonderry Air" into the intro gets me every time!
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

A very enjoyable, and memorable, night was had. Those 4 rock'n'roll merchants have one hell of a creative and production team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Wifi ..was looking at 2 play 1 speakers. ..set up as stereo..good sound range..got them to play led zeppelin. .and Pavarotti, verdi .and dire straits...had a great time.Didnt get to hear the Bose...no reps in store..bad at Christmas time.
                        Now am thinking maybe get a sono's soundbar ( I need a soundbar) and 2 play one speakers...steam music all over house.Have hundreds of cd that I put onto iTunes. .so want to tap in to those.Not interested in paying for spotify etc....I have enough music.
                        Im not going to Paris on 9th now so am looking to compensate myself
                        I've been using Sonos for a couple of years and have found them good. Though probably overpriced as speakers, I like the Sonos app and the integration with online music services.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Thanks BB..im tempted to go Sonos.Might wait until January and take another look at Bose.
                          Am thinking now if getting a soundbar and 1 or 2 speakers.

Comment

Went with a yamaha soundbar myself. Can't fault it tbh.
                            Stand up and fight

Comment

Me too. Replaced my surround sound with a Yamaha soundbar and never looked back.

Comment

Was listening to TodayFM earlier and they played a Coronas (meh) cover of The Lakes of Pontcharttrain which made me think of the Christy box set from 11! years ago. Which also then reminded me that The Lakes of Pontcharttrain and the video below were on the same disc. Tis friday anyway and this is a bit of a hoolie song

I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X