No announcement yet.

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in a ticket to Peter Gabriel Tomorrow night week (10th Dec) in the Point?

One disadvantage, you'll have to sit beside me.

Comment

Bought 2 albums this week and really enjoying them so far, on a recommendation from Bock, I got Raising Sands by Robert Plant & Alison Krausse. The second is Endless River by Pink Floyd, only 1 listen to that so far though

Comment

Just listened to "Chicken shacks" "ok Ken ?" British blues at its finest. Christine McVie in her pre Fleetwood mac days. Well worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7LTVehKEA

Comment

My antidote to mind numbing crap such as "X Factor" and "the Voice" which seems to be ever present at the weekend!!!....see One Direction and such "Vocal Harmony Groups" stay a few rounds with these Bad Boys!¬¬¬¬

Comment

another untapped resource that is "Live from Daryl's House"....so many many good tracks....various artist in jam sessions...

Last edited by abbeyboatman; 7-December-2014, 18:34.

Comment

This is a gold mine of a site for fans of the fanning sessions and other 80/90's Irish material

https://fanningsessions.wordpress.com/
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Went to see The Strypes in Dolans last night, I know they are only teenagers but where the f*ck do they get all that energy ? My ears only stopped ringing this evening and I was up at the back of the balcony. F*ck knows how anyone near the front has any eardrums left.

Comment

Those with access to the RTE player, and an interest in quality and diverse music, read on. The "Other Voices" gigs are on this weekend in Dingle and there's a live stream from St. James' tonight. Damien Rice not long gone from the stage. Stage being set for Young Fathers at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
                    Went to see The Strypes in Dolans last night, I know they are only teenagers but where the f*ck do they get all that energy ? My ears only stopped ringing this evening and I was up at the back of the balcony. F*ck knows how anyone near the front has any eardrums left.
                    Bought their album months ago: A real real good group with great energy. I should even say they look like real "animals".
                    The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Getting in the zone for tomorrow

Get up and Show No Fear
                      Last edited by rathbaner; 13-December-2014, 21:46.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

My 2 eldest came back from Imelda May an hour ago, I'm not sure if I've alot more education to do or not. Their first question in the door was "whose Jeff Beck?" Followed by "he's really good!". So I reckon I'll give them a few days to see if they explore Jeff on their own or is another master class needed. Seems like Imelda pulled out all the stops tonight, Clew bay band and everything, they really enjoyed it.
                        "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Bowie is on Sky Arts 1. Filmed in 1983 during the Serious Moonlight tour.

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Ould Nick's buddy trumped me on the alternative Christmas songs thread, and after the preamble to the season that you had it's fitting that you posted the above.

Despite it all we'll "keep on keepin' on".

Comment

Brought my young fella to Ed Sheeran a few months ago and have really gotten into him , Seriously talented fella. A one man band , uses a loop station to record sounds live and plays away ..highly recommend his latest album X

Comment

Working...
                                X