What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    I found this , the other day. It's a veritable cornucopia of downloads of all sorts of podcasts. Old radio shows, Hitchhiker's, Rumpole, Wodehouse, Yes Minister etc. all sorts of stuff.
    Bob Dylan's midnight release False Prophet, song 3 of his forthcoming Rough and Rowdy Ways
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        Love that
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Me too. I listened to it, there now, on my 'phone. Will download it when I get home and give it the appropriate volume then.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
            If you are on Facebook, Ger O'Donnell has been doing some great stuff in the last few weeks. He's an incredible musician.
            ​​​​​​
            I have to say there was a something in the eye today when he did "Shanagolden".

https://m.facebook.com/godonnellmusic/
            He really is a fantastically talented guy. He also takes requests if you give him enough time to get it right (which with his ability is about 30 seconds tbf).
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Theyre hard to describe, hard to quantify and most definitely mainstream music, but I personally think The 1975 are one of the most enjoyable bands out there at the moment. They'll span spoken pieces by Greta Thunberg to old school rave tubthumpers with some real pop bangers in the middle. Their latest album released last friday, all 22 songs and 80 mins of it. Some of it is visual arts pieces, some of it is about Covid. ALL of it is good.

They are still doing concept albums, in pop format. I would recommend it bigly.

The nonces at pitchfork endorsed it:
              https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...ditional-form/

The more measured and reasonable Alexis Petridis at the Gruaniad also gives it an embiggening:
              ​​​​​​https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...al-form-review

They are a lot more than the troublesome front man.

This is genesis/Phil Collins for the 2020's
              I am the million man.

Comment

I'm generally allergic to any country music but Jason Isbell's new album Reunions is one of my albums of the year so far

When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Don't have the youtube URL, but for a little light relief have a listen to this - https://i.imgur.com/73kTKk8.mp4
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Is friday. This is not work safe but still a bopper

I am the million man.

Comment

Doves have released their first new material in 11 years
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

The Glastonbury Experience, currently on BBC2 and BBC4. Tuned in just in time for a couple of belters from PJ Harvey on Beeb2, Elbow currently on Beeb4.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Creedon playing Me and Bobby Magee
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Stones just launched into Gimme Shelter on BBC2. How bad.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Q magazine the latest covid victim.
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X