No announcement yet.

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genesis...because they are playing Dublin this November!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      I dont steer you wrong with recommendations too often webmong

You can get in on this before she goes stratospheric:

Big talent Cb, not sure she needs a Cowboy Junkies tribute sound behind her...
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
        Genesis...because they are playing Dublin this November!
        Not Proper Genesis, neither Gabriel nor Hackett will be performing.

That would be some gig.

Comment

Well Ant Phillips isn’t there either. Steve Hackett regularly tours with his show Genesis Revisited so it’s a pity he isn’t joining them for this tour. But I think they are a better band with Phil on lead vocals anyway. Don’t really miss having Gabriel involved.

Comment

I disagree. Gabriel , for me, is a far better singer.

I thought at the time and for a while afterwards that PG leaving was the watershed for Genesis, but A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering are excellent Albums, IMO, well up there with the previous ones.

On mature reflection, 'twasn't 'till Hackett left that they went downhill .

Have you seen this?

Comment

Yup. Seen everything related to Genesis, I’ve been a fan for decades. Just prefer Collins as a singer to Gabriel. Hackett has a singer touring on Genesis Revisited who wasn’t bad either but I can’t remember his name. Ray Wilson actually did a great job vocally when he was touring with them.
              Last edited by Viigand; 6th-March-2020, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post

Was this all a dream? Someone must remember something...
                Are you sure you're not thinking of the line from Billy Bragg? (maybe you added the breast part yourself!) - "I was 21 years when I wrote this song I am 22 now but I won't be for long"

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Are you sure you're not thinking of the line from Billy Bragg? (maybe you added the breast part yourself!) - "I was 21 years when I wrote this song I am 22 now but I won't be for long"
                  I know that song and it's definitely not it, unfortunately. Thanks though. Since no one here seems to remember or recognise it I must have seen it somewhere else, though I don't frequent many other boards much I am a loss as to where it could have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ64T6gEdC4

Elvis, 1968, incredible.
                  It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Hot Press have organised a series of live streaming acoustic gigs by local Irish artists. The first one is tonight at 7.30 on their Instagram page I believe https://www.hotpress.com/music/zaska...sions-22809163
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Listening to:

It's the End of The World as we Know it (and I feel fine)... by REM
                      The Future by Leonard Cohen
                      Five Years by David Bowie

etc
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I had a listen to early James Taylor the other day.

He wrote some lovely melodic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          I had a listen to early James Taylor the other day.

He wrote some lovely melodic stuff.
                          Hard to believe he was a bad heroin addict during that time, while he was married to Joni Mitchell
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

They sang together but I don't think he and Joni Mitchell were ever married.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                              They sang together but I don't think he and Joni Mitchell were ever married.
                              I know they were in a relationship before sh recorded 'Blue', with a number of songs on the album about him. Not sure if they got hitched or not

Comment

This backs up what you say.

Comment

Working...
                                X