X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    As good as he's done in donkeys years:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...n-stars-review

Its not the most technically proficient album I've heard this year, but it might be the most beautiful. The production is class, he has strings sitting behind most of the tracks adding to they prairie feel.

God bless the Boss
    The title track is superb. I've been listening to it a lot.

Calexico have a nice new album out, it's a collaboration with iron and wine. It's a bit more country than their usual stuff with less Mexican influence but good all the same.

The national's and Richard Hawley's new albums are also on repeat.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Bon Iver's new album i,i is just fecking magnificent. I don't know how he makes it all work but it just does.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

The title track is superb. I've been listening to it a lot.

Calexico have a nice new album out, it's a collaboration with iron and wine. It's a bit more country than their usual stuff with less Mexican influence but good all the same.

The national's and Richard Hawley's new albums are also on repeat.
        It's a good tune, hadn't heard it before today.

Side note, the girl in the song has the right idea to get out of Tucson. It's the place where all hope goes to die, god awful kip of a place.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Daniel Johnston died today. His music was a crutch in difficult times. We had a very active poster on here back in the day who was a huge fan so I know this will have hit him hard.

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Ah that's sad. He had a lot of struggles. I have several of his CDs somewhere that I bought off his site many years ago, lots of songs he originally just recorded onto an ordinary cassette and which were transferred with no remastering or anything. Some of it inevitably suffered as a result but there was real charm to his stuff.

Ha - ever since buying those, the odd email would come through with news about gigs or maybe just a happy Christmas message. The subject line was always the same - "hi how are you?" I'll miss that.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Going to Boiler Room in Dolans tonight, kinda wish it wasnt on of a weeknight but what can you do?

Raving commences at 11pm

A taste of whats ahead:

I am the million man.

Comment

Night Train on Lyric.

Comment

Pixies new album

Beyond The Eyrie

Best album since they reformed by a mile. It’s not Dolittle. However how many albums are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The way hes produced this really reminds me of Songs for the deaf by QOTSA - flicking trough radio stations on a car radio.

He is class

I am the million man.

Comment

Went to see Christy Moore at Liverpool Philly last Wednesday, he was pure class.

2 songs from the end he said," Himself and the lads will pack up the van after the show and head off on a familiar route to Holyhead to catch the boat back to Europe and yous are all welcome" - it brought the house down.

Earlier a lad shouted from the audience, "What about Boris", Christy calmly retorted, "Jesus, he would make you think Thatcher was decent", gales of laughter, he knew his audience all right.

Comment

There's been a lot of good albums in the last few weeks but 2 hands by Big thief is a bloody great album.

Comment

Me likey very much, ta.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Latest TOOL album is a melter.

Danny Carey clearly sold his soul to the devil to be the fastest drummer in music.

Superb stuff yo
                            I am the million man.

Comment

I used to be a music fan but have little time these days with work and kids but started listening to Nick Cave and Ghosteen on Spotify. ****ing hell. Blows me away. Last album of his I listened to (and owned) was Let Love In back in the day. Which I liked. But this is aon a different level. I have a whole lot of catching up to do

Comment

I got Spotify a few months back. Have done big stints on Bowie, the Kinks and most recently a long spell on the Beatles. I always liked Beatles best of and sgt pepper was in house growing up, but never really knew much detail about them or listened to them album by album. They really were fantastic.
                                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                                X