What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
    Bought the new Bowie album during the week and have listened to it 4 or 5 times and at the risk of being accused of heresy, it's ****e. I'm a fan of him and have a fair bit of his stuff but this is very strange, the first song is a 10 minute dirge....
    What about the funky weird bit about two/thirds of the way through.

And the dirge bit is exactly why I love it. A fitting production for a man dying.

Comment

I'll give it another couple of listens during the week but at the moment it's headed for the back of the pile beside Florence & the Machine and Ash.

Comment

Not such a 'good old boy'....

Singer-songwriter Don McLean has been charged with domestic violence in the US.

Police were called to the American Pie star's home in Camden, Maine in the early hours of Monday morning.

The 70-year-old, whose other hits include And I Love You So and Vincent, was arrested and charged with misdemeanour domestic violence assault.
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Him and Donald Fagen!

Listening back to a Bowie concert from Maida Vale from 2002

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018nsd9#play
          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Just discovered this on one of my fav sites... For a Joy Division/New Order at the beginning fan, this makes me feel 35 years younger. Wish them to go on so and to succeed.

The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Free download till tomorrow only!

http://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,13586/Bruce-Springsteen---The-E-Street-Band-mp3-flac-download-1-19-2016-United-Center-Chicago-IL.html

The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
                I'll give it another couple of listens during the week but at the moment it's headed for the back of the pile beside Florence & the Machine and Ash.
                I think it's the best thing he's done since Scary Monsters.
                If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

http://www.deezer.com/album/11999684

Listen to this... Made in Gasconha. Ok, the black and yellow colours, that's not the Top, would have prefered red and white, but anyway... I love this guys! (Don't tell this to my mates in Dax... :D )

Comment

Wife watching the Grammy's in the other room. Are the women having a mariah carey competition for the most warbles and notes per song?
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Kanye the oul bollox won't put his album up on Spotify
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                        Kanye the oul bollox won't put his album up on Spotify
                        And at the same time he asks zuck for a billion dollar investment in his streaming service

Comment

FRIDAY!

Lovely whiff of Nirvana of these folk. If you like trashy guitars and driving drums this'll be up your avenue.

I am the million man.

Comment

Small Faces.....

Possibly one of the greatest album covers of the 60s (and some rocking tunes also)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjrF2wWuSg
                            "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

That's f*cking class, thanks for that Cowboy. More than a hint of Soundgarden about them as well (EDIT - and Black Sabbath on that last track). I've a feeling it's gonna be on heavy rotation at the chip ranch for a while.

Small Faces for afters ain't too shabby either!
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                FRIDAY!

Lovely whiff of Nirvana of these folk. If you like trashy guitars and driving drums this'll be up your avenue.

Love that album, I played it to death when it came out on Spotify.
                                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                                X