Settings for Plasma TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings for Plasma TV

Hi folks, could anyone please help me out? What are the settings for breaking in a new plasma tv. Any help greatly appreciated.

A sledgehammer will do the trick<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Comment

[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Not a clue Michael i am still using one of those old gas tellies.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nuttin in de instruckshuns ?

Comment

What an ingeneous(and devious) way to let us know that Nenaghhas finally been connected to the national grid! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Take it out of the box.Plug it in and switch it on. Sit back and see what happens.
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                Take it out of the box.Plug it in and switch it on. Sit back and see what happens.

Thats what I did with mine and whaddya know..it worked

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

What an ingeneous(and devious) way to let us know that Nenaghhas finally been connected to the national grid! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah he's just showing off, sure aren't they all plug and play now [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It was one way of telling people that I bought one [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Corker
                      Nuttin in de instruckshuns ?

Could've "fallen off the back o' a lorry"[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

For the technologically beknighted amongst us, what is a plasma TV?
                        Bigamy is one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Comment

Michael is quite correct. His plasma does need running in. He needs to Google a bit. Here's one thread on Pioneer.

Running In, Screen Settings, Retention, and Screen Burn

Q: How long do I run it in for?

A: Between 200 and 500 hours. Some folk at Pioneer have been stating 1000 hours

Q: How can I see how many hours I've watched it?
                          A: You need to use the installer menu - see later section.

Q: I hear loads of bad things about screen retention or burn in these plasmas - what is the situation?
                          A: Screen burn is permanent damage. Screen retention is temporary and is due to pixels still holding charge that needs to be released. Burn is very rare on any plasma - Pioneer included.

Three things seem to have been causing retention problems:
                          <UL>
                          <LI>Your plasma TV needs running-in whether it's a Pioneer or something else. This will reduce retention. Unfortunately the screen default settings aren't recommended for the running in period - mostly because of the very high CONTRAST setting - so people using the defaults have had problems
                          <LI>Pioneer make some recommendations at the front of the manual, but don't highlight the need for running-in well enough so many users just use the same settings that it ships with
                          <LI>There was a problem in earlier editions of the 436 where the voltages were set too high. Pioneer engineers can patch the 436 with new firmware to reduce the voltages, but only if the screen has run less than 200 hours. New models shipping since Feb 2006 (see next question) now have the voltages reduced.</LI>[/list]

Congrats Michael BTW. Oh &amp; the advice on LCD's is don't buy them above 27". Seeminly 27" is the cut-off point between LCD &amp; Plasma. IMO 32" LCDs are terrible in comarison to 42-47" Plasmas.

Comment

Try finding a THX disc?

Incidently what set did you buy? I'm half thinking of taking the LCD plunge.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Toyman I have a Pioneer 427. Does that require running in and if so what is running in exactly?

Comment

Working...
                              X