Friday Thread: Irrational dislikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Thread: Irrational dislikes

It's Friday and I'm not inclined to do a lot of work today, so here's a thread to pass some time. Things or people that you have an irrational dislike of. I was going to use the word "hate" but it's a very strong word.

I'll start off with that fella that sky sports always zoom in on at Munster matches "Mumbly". Just looking at him annoys me. And how come he's never seen at Munster matches? (maybe he's there but without the stupid facepaint and hat, which is fair enough, but I'm still sick of seeing him on my tv screen).
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Women who wear tights with open toed shoes.

And women (or men) who take their shoes off in the pub or in the office.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

ET.

That little b*****d scares the crap out of me.

You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

Reggie Corrigan's logic... The onlypersonthatcan give a man of the match award to a player on a team losing by30 odd points [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]
        Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy
          Women who wear tights with open toed shoes....
          I haven't come across this for some time, but the mere mention of it gave me the shivers. Not good at all [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

Actually all womens tights, covered by shoes or otherwise, are gash. 100% unsexy.

Comment

I hate people who smell bad(its just so rude).

Men in transit vans who think it is ok to perv on women (happened to me 3 times this morning, I was only walkin down the road).

Pavements (I always catch my heel).

Doing work on a friday.

Im sure I will think of lots more
            "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

Comment

The mesh lining on the inside of the Adidas Munster wind breaker. I'm a ball of static when I take that thing off.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Dumb TV for chicks (Americas next top wagon, Soapsetc) although like most other things on this list that is completely rational.
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

If one of your fingernails is chipped and it catches in a piece of clothing or something like that, even though it doesn't hurt the sensation is nonetheless deeply unpleasant - sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it. I always keep them clipped very short to prevent the risk of this happening!

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

People touching my collarbone. I can't explain it. Just very squeamish about it. It has led to several sprained fingers when "friends" think it's funny to jab a finger towards it. Freaks the s**t outta me.

Comment

Beckinder - disliking smelly people, rude van drivers and doing work on a Friday aren't irrational dislikes. They're perfectly rational.

Like people who walk really slowly for no good reason. I can understand it if you're really old or have one leg or something, but otherwise stop dawdling, get out of my way or get punched in the back of the head.

Or maybe we can include things that perhapsaren't irrational dislikes, but oneswehave an irrationally strong reaction to?

Many people, for instance, don't like Russell Brand. But I have to leave the room when he comes on TV, and would set fire to him given the slightest glimmer of an opportunity. He makes me want to pull my spleen out through my earhole.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by ceemec

People touching my collarbone. I can't explain it. Just very squeamish about it. It has led to several sprained fingers when "friends" think it's funny to jab a finger towards it. Freaks the s**t outta me.

That's not irrational, that's just weird.
                        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Many people, for instance, don't like Russell Brand. But I have to leave the room when he comes on TV, and would set fire to him given the slightest glimmer of an opportunity. He makes me want to pull my spleen out through my earhole.

Was that not you a few months ago who posted that Youtube link with that Brand interviewing some National Front nutjob up in Leeds (IIRC)? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Ah, you love him, really.

You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

I hate people whistling it drives me fcuking mad. And i hate the sand, in fact im afraid of it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X