cr@p tv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cr@p tv

my god lads, one of the things about holidays is the opportunity to watch truly awe-inspiringly awful TV. I'm takingbreaks from stripping tiles from a kitchen that I'm converting to a study - there's very little sports on the box (and my sons ensure that we have every channel known to man or beast) so far I've seen snippets of Ricki Lake (debt-aholics) some other wowman about women (well, wee girls really) pregnant by the same guy, now some woman who's fallen in love (yeh!!) with the guy who murdered her brother over $30. I did rather enjoy the 2 oul dolls in cleaning up some beauty queen's house though. I'm kinda glad that I have to work for a living if this is what I'm missing....

Wholeheartedly agree. I popped home from work yesterday and it was grand, got to watch a rerun of Munster vs. Leinster, but today [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]. Overall I think the standard of telly over Christmas was rubbish, bar getting tosee a few classic films over again.Christmas night tv was absolutely awful. [img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]
    For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Christmas gives our telly a lovely long holiday, especially since the cricket has been somewhat ... errm ... disappointing. Terrible dross on offer - we started to watch the "50 most irritating people of 2006" on BBC3 last night but gave up 2 or 3 people in after we realised that we knew neither the irritants nor the people hired to mock them. Sometimes I think I'm a high court judge on the quiet[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img] so often do I hear myself thinking "who @@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">is @@@@/SPAN>that person?"
      Hope Not Hate

Comment

Not entirely bad though, thank goodness!

A two part Little Britain Christmas special entitled Little Britain Abroad will air over the 2006 Christmas season. Part one will air on Christmas Day 2006 (BBC1 22:30), followed by part two on December 30, 2006 (BBC1 21:15). The special will take the characters and put them into locations other than Britain.
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Oooh, I don't know OD, I think the novelty of Little Britain wore off very quickly for me. I enjoyed the first series well enough, but I was bored by the beginning of the second series. The "going abroad" show really is the sign of a sinking ship, I hope they've subverted it properly, so to speak.
          For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

"the big fat quiz of the year 2006" or something was on E4 last nite, might have been a replay but it was entertaining, Jimmy Carr hosted it with jonathon Ross, Cat Deely, Rob Brydon, David Walliams,Noel Fielding anf Russell Brand, as the contestants, probably the only thing i watched fully over the christmas
            The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Did anyone see the Secret Policeman's Ball, there was a US comedienne, who was supposedly highly rated, who performed perhaps the worst stand-up performance I've ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by The Crimson King
                Oooh, I don't know OD, I think the novelty of Little Britain wore off very quickly for me. I enjoyed the first series well enough, but I was bored by the beginning of the second series. The "going abroad" show really is the sign of a sinking ship, I hope they've subverted it properly, so to speak.
                Too right. Comedy based on catchphrases has a very short lifespan. Amusing at the start but now its just boring. See also Catherine "Am I bovvered" Tate. British TV comedy needs another Day Today to come along. (Or failing that another Brasseye).
                Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Only have poverty 1 and 2[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]Which are total crap[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                  X