Las Amigos Restaurant Limerick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Las Amigos Restaurant Limerick

Make a booking but don't expect to get a table. We booked arrived on time, we were asked to go to the Locke Restaurant to have a drink and come back, we did when we came back they had given our table away to someone else. They overbooked that night. It was so embarassing standing inside the door waiting for someone to finish eating, embarassing for people sitting eating as well. We will definetely not be going back, not even for a free meal.[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Can you take them to the samll claims court?

Comment

Have heard very mixed reports about the place, however, afaik, the
      people running are only starting out and it while I'd be pissed if that
      happened to me TST1 too, I'd still give them a chance to improve as
      they get to the know the business. Someone told me it was their first
      time actually running a restaurant so I'd hope people would be patient.

How was the food, when you finally got seated?
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Dogfood + Ketchup + chilli = mexican

Comment

Mexican is great if you get good stuff. Agree it can be horrible otherwise as is often the case here in Ireland. The excuses they give up for quacamole or refried beans...ugghhh. Hard to beat a properly done mix of beef, chicken and jumbo prawn fajitas washed down with a nice cool cervesa.
          Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

I agree, although my sister inlaw describes it as BDF. Burnt Dog Food.

Cafe Paradiso in Covent Garden is a good spot.

Comment

Similar happened me a month ago, booked during the week for 9pm on a Sat nigt, turned up at 9 to find they had a private party in filling the place and had no chance of a table for us. We were offered a drink but left as we had to go find somewhere else to eat at that stage.
              =========================
              \"Our Association cannot be expected to accept a vista where the competing sporting organisations have no capital investment commitments, can exploit the value of their existing infrastructure and use our facilities as a cash cow, while investing their returns in games development\" - Liam Mulvihill.

Comment

You can have franch cusine, italin cusine even indian cusine but youll only ever have mexican food.

Nothing wrong with that but youre never going to get anything exceptional if youre getting mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by CCHA
                  Similar happened me a month ago, booked during the week for 9pm on a Sat nigt, turned up at 9 to find they had a private party in filling the place and had no chance of a table for us. We were offered a drink but left as we had to go find somewhere else to eat at that stage.
                  That is a very bad way to run a restaurant business. It is doomed to failure unless standards improve.

The very least one should expect when visiting an eaterie is to be fed.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                    Have heard very mixed reports about the place, however, afaik, thepeople running are only starting out and it while I'd be pissed if that

I would rather hope that if I went to a new restaurant the people would already know how to run it?

It's one of the reasons why I left Limerick. I don't think there's a single restaurant there I would class as good (am leaving The Mustard Seed out of this judgement). I've never had a good meal in the place.
                    For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Originally posted by The Crimson King

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                      Have heard very mixed reports about the place, however, afaik, thepeople running are only starting out and it while I'd be pissed if that

I would rather hope that if I went to a new restaurant the people would already know how to run it?

It's one of the reasons why I left Limerick. I don't think there's a single restaurant there I would class as good (am leaving The Mustard Seed out of this judgement). I've never had a good meal in the place.

To name but three - The Inn Between in Adare, Gallaghers in Bunratty or Brulees on Henry St.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac

To name but three - The Inn Between in Adare, Gallaghers in Bunratty or Brulees on Henry St.

Ta for the recommendations - I'll have to give them a shot next time I'm down. It's fair to say I'm a bit cranky today, btw - there's no bloody point in me being in this office today. [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Bunratty?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] Check your school atlas.[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                            Bunratty?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] Check your school atlas.[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

I know where Bunratty is but from Limerick you'd be in Bunratty a lot quicker then getting to the Mustard Seed in Ballingarry which was to TCKs liking.

Comment

I'll have no Limerick-Clare fights lads, break it up there and hold yer fire. Now if we all get together and slag off the Tipp lads....[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X