Christmas presents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas presents

I am surprised that I have not seen this topic put up yet, and if it is.. dammit..... but..

Maybe for the season that is in it, we could put down some ideas for Christmas presents.. .......... .......................(yep.. I'm Scr@@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">ew@@@@/SPAN>ed!)

the only thing I know to get my Dad is sporting goods.. either golf, or Kerry GAA memorabelia....

Now sisters they re another story... clothes or vouchers....

If anyone has any ideas.. it would be appreciated...

caveat: ......
    (Munster store stuff has been thought of.)

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

I usuallyjust give my kids cash and let them get what they want themselves. Santa is over in our house although my youngest aged 11 is keeping all options open and sent an e-mail to the North Pole but madecertain thatI saw the message as well. My 16 year old daughter is only interested in clothes. My twin boys aged 14 are only interested in sport so boots, jerseys etc are mandatory. My oldest lad aged 19 is only interested in girls but I don't think Santa does that particular line. My wife shows me what she wants, so no problem there. I myself, like a book or two or a nice bottle of wine. I usually get a shirt from my mother thats usually 2 sizes too small. It goes well with the silly ties I usually get from one of my sisters.

Comment

Don't order from CDwow, it's too late. I was too late last week too, the only presents that have arrived are the ones I bought for myself. Mind you now I've loaded them up I could wrap them up and pass them on[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]. Presents I got this year if it'll help are.........

Mom - March of the Penguins (not arrived yet)
      Dad - Munster polo jersey (thank God that arrived in time)
      Brother - Mobile phone (chipped in with the sister)
      Sister - Meatloaf tickets (me and the parents)
      Male best mate - Top gear box set (not arrived)
      Female best mate - March of the Penguins (not arrived yet)
      next door neighbour/almost little sis - CSS album (not arrived yet)
      For myself - The Kooks, Evanesence, shoes, holiday clothes (for my holiday on NYE), holiday on NYE [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake
        I am surprised that I have not seen this topic put up yet, and if it is.. dammit..... but..

Maybe for the season that is in it, we could put down some ideas for Christmas presents.. .......... .......................(yep.. I'm Scr@@@@SPAN style="font-style: italic;">ew@@@@/SPAN>ed!)

the only thing I know to get my Dad is sporting goods.. either golf, or Kerry GAA memorabelia....

Now sisters they re another story... clothes or vouchers....

If anyone has any ideas.. it would be appreciated...

caveat: ......
        (Munster store stuff has been thought of.)
        I got Benefit counter stuff for my sisters. They can't get enough of the stuff and you'll find it in Brown Thomas. Dunno if it's your sister's bag but I doubt it'd be thrown back at you.
        Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Sisters can be an awkward one[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

My parents & brother have just given up on knowing what to get for me !

considering my general sports obsessions my brother tends to resort to sports books in the vague hope that I don't already have the one he picks out, last year he got it soooo wrong. But he'd been lucky before that gave me a couple of excellent F1 books on previous occassions.

My parents have now resorted to cash gifts and some random little nik-nak or other that I have zero interest in, or is something I already own !

apparently my parents have bought each other very similar gifts, portable media players. Mum got dad a fancy one that has card readers, and he can watch video's on, while Dad got mum a smaller one without a card reader. I'm looking forward to seeing their efforts to get their music on the things Christmas day .. first time my mother will ever fight with dad for access to the computer [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] think I better bring my laptop with me to help keep the piece !

Since both made the arrangments through my brother he decided to get an FM tuner for dad's one as his xmas gift. I got them a little iDog Pup, a few photo books, Mum's getting one of the munster poloshirts and a Chanel no5 thingy.

Oh and theres a few book vouchers as well, and a travel book on california (they're going there on holidays in feb).

My brother is getting a poker set.. a really good one, so if he doesn't like it - tough !

If you need inspiration for sister's pressies and have access to their bedrooms/handbags looks for perfume bottles and see if you can find one that has obviously been used quite a bit. Get them a fresh bottle, or some of the accessory products from the same scent range - shower gel, moisturiser etc

BT gift cards are pretty good at this time of the year too as the sales will be on right after xmas.

You get better tips on what to get if you provide more detail on the people you need to buy for.

Ultimate pressie for girls - pay for a spa weekend at a good hotel. No matter how much of a tomboy a girl is they will always enjoy a pamering weekend. But don't pick the date for them, get it as a voucher ! you never know what might be on their social calendars [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Bought 3 watches before lunch. Will buy some assorted dvd's tomorrow. Sorted.

Comment

Why not give your sister A money to buy a present for sister B for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                Why not give your sister A money to buy a present for sister B for you?
                Because sister A would box your ears at the lateness of the request and tell you to do your own fecking shopping! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                Hope Not Hate

Comment

The bird wanted a cd player for her car so i said i would get it, this was about 2 weeks ago and she said dont get it unless shes there to make sure i get the right one, fair enough so says I, she buys it yesterday saying she cant wait and tells me i have to get her something else..........what a kick in the nads
                  Im here to spread the word..common sense is not just for animals

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]Women..You gotta love em

Comment

Gift vouchers, let em get their own presents[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

If they don't have credit cards you might think of getting them a 3v card. They're basically a card you can top up and use to but stuff on the net. Pretty much a really good voucher.
                        Biffo ate my future.

Comment

More details please Paki. Like where do you get them from etc.

Comment

Hey Sarsfield...... what's benefit counter stuff...

And Cat.. sorry, but Raven was right.. I asked Sister no.3 to get sister no.2 a present... Sister no.3 is gonna be sorted out by Lahinch_lass's suggestion...

So now I am left with Mom.... think I know what to go for.... vouchers.. she returns everything anyway... The old fella... dvd's of some westerns maybe....

Sister No.1 is in Sydney.. problem sorted......

And Duffman.......... tough break...

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure to be honest. The website is www.3v.ie so check that out. A few of my mates have gotten them for their sisters, much easier way of doing it.
                              Biffo ate my future.

Comment

Working...
                              X