• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odds for bet on Irish treble

I've got an old 10 bob note i wouldn't mind putting on a treble

1. Munster to retain the Heineken Cup
    2. Ireland to win the Six Nations championship
    3. Ireland to win the World Cup (well it's a bit a gamble I suppose)

I don't do betfair and all that so could someone tell me what the odds would be and whteher putting a grand slam instead of the championship at 2 will change the odds much?

Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

I've no idea what the odds would be for the treble, but you'd make a packet if those 3 came in (which you'd probably need to cover the costs of the resultant piss-ups!)

Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
    "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

I don't know how treble odds work, but the current odds are

Munster - HEC 3.95-1 (favourites)
      Ireland - Grand Slam 4.1-1 (favourites)
      Ireland - 6N winners 2.64-1 (favourites)
      Ireland - World Cup 13.5-1 (5th favourites)

Comment

Thanks, that looks good don't it?

Is that 190/1 for the treble????

Any experts out there?

Comment

not an expert, but who?'s odds look like digital odds meaning 2.0 is evens, 3.0 is 2-1 and so on, so if you minus 1 off the above odds and then multiply youl get the correct treble odds
          Girlfriend\'s English Boss: That Gaelic Football you lot play is a bit mad isn\'t it?

Girlfriend: That\'s nothing, you should watch a game of hurling. Think hockey except the ball is harder, it flies around the place and the sticks have bits of metal on the end of them.

GEB: Woah, sounds dangerous.

GF: Yeah, you can understand why some lads wear helmets, sure people have died.

GEB: What, from being hit in the head?

GF: No, they were shot by the English.

Comment

http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/calculator/

If you take the best possible scenario i.e Grand Slam as opposed to Championship in the Six Nations, it works out at €218.63 for every €1 stake.

My advice would be to hold onto the money - the only good bet there is Munster imho.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

dont think you can do multiples on betfair, only singles (but havent looked in a while)

but the thing about multiples is this, for you to win you need those three things to come off, MUNSTER/IRELAND/IRELAND

For the bookies to win they can have

MUNSTER/IRELAND/A.N.OTHER
              MUNSTER/A.N.OTHER/IRELAND
              A.N.OTHER/IRELAND/IRELAND
              MUNSTER/A.N.OTHER/A.N.OTHER
              A.N.OTHER/A.N.OTHER/IRELAND
              A.N.OTHER/A.N.OTHER/A.N.OTHER
              A.N.OTHER/IRELAND/A.N.OTHER

So they have 7 combinations (i think)to your one, which is why they are the ones making all the money.

If your gambling for fun(bookies love you) and not really to make money then work away

My advice however, is to keep your money in your pocket, research any bet your considering and put more money on less frequently.

The odd fun bet is fine, or if you see something you feel is good Value (e.g. Argentina 7/2 to beat England I went heavy on) but not necessarily a certainty. But I always say dont be throwing away 10 and 20 quid on bets too frequently. You might win the odd one but the small losses will keep building up

here ends my thought of the day
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

And fine thoughts they are too Hugged!!

Never a truer word said.

However, I would just like to point out, that when you go on a losing streak (I'm in the middle of one which will end on Stephens Day) the losses are much much larger!!
                It happened, and I was there.
                4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
                What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballyman

Never a truer word said.

However, I would just like to point out, that when you go on a losing streak (I'm in the middle of one which will end on Stephens Day) the losses are much much larger!!

true enough. if your not in a position to bet big at all, or you just like betting on a weekly basis, you can also try giving yourself a balance, say 200 quid. only allow yourself a percentage of 10% (or whatever) per weekend.

pick your one match or maybe a double if you know your stuff and dont go over your limit. if you win on a friday match and your balance is up to 250 its up to you whether you bet again on the saturday or sunday, but dont bet on a game just for the sake of it. make sure you read any available previews because it can be the smallest thing in some obscure article that might swing it for you (some player just had a baby, relative sick anything)

youd be surprised how quick it can build up and when you start losing the losses are reduced as your balance is.

if you really know your stuff in any sport you should try and predict odds/spreads before they are published by the bookies and decide what you will do once the odds come out. If you predict munsterwill be a -7 handicapfor a game and you are totally confidant in that, and the bookiesgo -4, then take the -4. You'll get better at predicting and winning bets and the % system means you dont have to lose your shirt while you learn

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Nah, the only winning formula is this (don't tell anyone, 'tis a big secret..)

Whatever amount you lose, bet so you'll win twice as much in your next bet. Keep that up, and you can never lose! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ballyman

Never a truer word said.

So Ballyman, whats the bet of the Holiday Season !?

Comment

Well I put 20 Uro down tonight. It's 115/1 at Ladbrokes.
                        Munster looks good for the HEC; and Ireland for the 6N; but of course the gamble is the result in the World Cup. I simply couldn't afford to celebrate if we won the WC so the bet will cover that if they win, and let's face it, if we can't win with this squad, it'll never happen. And it is Christmas after all............

Comment

Working...
                        X