Fictional Lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fictional Lions

If the Lions were picked tommorrow what would the team be?

My selection:

15 Josh Lewsey

14 Shane Horgan

13 Brian O' Driscoll

12 Gordon D'Arcy

11 Mark Cueto

10 Ronan O' Gara

9 Dwayne Peel

1 Phil Vickery

2 Rory Best?

3 Duncan Jones?

4 Donnacha O' Callaghan

5 Paul O' Connell

6 Denis Leamy

7 David Wallace

8 Ryan Jones

Found the 2 and 3 jerseys hard to fill. If Jerry Flannery had been fit he'd be in and Chris Horsman was another in mind. Other contenders considered included Neil Best, Ally Hogg, Danny Grewcock, Martyn Williams, Stephen Jones, Sean Lamont. All critiscms welcome

Pretty close to my team. I don't think I've have Cueto on the wing though. Trimble or Lamont or even Hickie for me.

Back row is really tough. Jones was great on the last tour but I haven't been impressed when I've seen him this season. Inclined to go with Best, Wally, Leamy or maybe Best, Williams, Leamy.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy

Pretty close to my team. I don't think I've have Cueto on the wing though. Trimble or Lamont or even Hickie for me.

Back row is really tough. Jones was great on the last tour but I haven't been impressed when I've seen him this season. Inclined to go with Best, Wally, Leamy or maybe Best, Williams, Leamy.

Agreed, I'd have Williams for Wallace.

Think that selection would beat the Wallabie sand the Aussies - maybe 2 v 1 loss at best v the AB's.
      \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

would have the llanelli fullback and wingers as contenders for their respective spots. Very good against toulose.
        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Stade were terrible so I wouldn't write too much into that game, but in fairness they have been very consistent.

Mark Cueto? I'd have trimble in well ahead for his abality to actually produce something against big teams. I can't argue with Lewsey but surely the debate about Leamy outside no. 8 is over? The Irish backrow would be in.

Comment

Have always been a fan of Lewsey, but he wouldn't take the XV shirt on form this year.

On the strength of the Autumns (though making allowances for the nature of the opposition), there weren't many XV's playing better than Girve.

Jesus, did I just say that?
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman

My selection:

15 Josh Lewsey

14 Shane Horgan

13 Brian O' Driscoll

12 Gordon D'Arcy

11 Mark Cueto @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">ru serious?@@@@/SPAN> @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 255, 0);">hickie or trimble@@@@/SPAN>

10 Ronan O' Gara

9 Dwayne Peel @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 255, 0);">stringer@@@@/SPAN>

1 Phil Vickery

2 Rory Best?

3 Duncan Jones? @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 255, 0);">the bull by a mile@@@@/SPAN>

4 Donnacha O' Callaghan

5 Paul O' Connell

6 Denis Leamy@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> ru serious? @@@@/SPAN>@@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 255, 0);">Neil best by a country mile@@@@/SPAN>

7 David Wallace

8 Ryan Jones @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(0, 255, 0);">Leamy easily! he would dislodge so'ialo from NZ if he was a kiwi@@@@/SPAN>

Found the 2 and 3 jerseys hard to fill. If Jerry Flannery had been fit he'd be in and Chris Horsman was another in mind. Other contenders considered included Neil Best, Ally Hogg, @@@@SPAN style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Danny Grewcock, (u going down under to lose?) @@@@/SPAN>Martyn Williams, Stephen Jones, Sean Lamont. All critiscms welcome
              If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

15 Josh Lewsey....... Shaun Payne (yea, no chance.. I know..!!)

14 Shane Horgan

13 Brian O' Driscoll

12 Gordon D'Arcy

11 Mark Cueto

10 Ronan O' Gara

9 Dwayne Peel

1 Phil Vickery

2 G Chuter

3 Julian White

4 Donnacha O' Callaghan

5 Paul O' Connell

6 Neil Best

7 David Wallace

8 Denis Leamy
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

the "british"........did i mean english? lions tour put our boys back 6 months and i dont think we should consider it again EVER-forget this crap from gareth edwards etc saying its the pinnacle of your career-b****x.

the pinnacle of our boys career is yet to come in a green shirt not in a b*****dised red and white one.

we should have a celtic touring side-be better craic and we would win

f**k THE LIONS

If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

I'm still a big fan of the Lions concept, though I think it would be more meaningful at this stage if it included the French. They are, through the HEC and Six Nations, effectively part of our "domestic" game, and I don't see that any valid distinction can be made that would keep them out.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Chuter Cake, are you mad?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Munsafano
                        Chuter Cake, are you mad?

I wouldn't put him far off it though. He's some player IMO. If he was here at munster we'd worship him. He's a big abrasive and mobile hooker.
                        Biffo ate my future.

Comment

I've seen nothing of him that would put him in Flannery's league

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman

My selection:

15 Josh Lewsey - AGREED

14 Shane Horgan - AGREED

13 Brian O' Driscoll- AGREED

12 Gordon D'Arcy - AGREED

11 Mark Cueto - S WILLIAMS

10 Ronan O' Gara - AGREED

9 Dwayne Peel - AGREED

1 Phil Vickery - NO, BETTER AT 3. D JONES.

2 Rory Best? - G CHUTER

3 Duncan Jones? - SEE P VICKERY !

4 Donnacha O' Callaghan - AGREED

5 Paul O' Connell - AGREED

6 Denis Leamy - NO, PUT AT 8. L MOODY

7 David Wallace - M WILLIAMS

8 Ryan Jones - SEE D LEAMY

Found the 2 and 3 jerseys hard to fill. If Jerry Flannery had been fit he'd be in and Chris Horsman was another in mind. Other contenders considered included Neil Best, Ally Hogg, Danny Grewcock, Martyn Williams, Stephen Jones, Sean Lamont. All critiscms welcome

A bit light on Scots, well very light actually ! Would have gone with J White at 6 but for his injury. Loose head is a real problem, there are no outstanding candidates.

Comment

What's all this Williams over wallace rubbish about lads???? absolutely no comparison between the two in my opinion. If the lions team were to be picked on merit tomorrow then it would have to be the Ireland team with maybe Paterson/ Lewsey, Peel andVickery. With everyone fit you could throw White and maybe Sheridan into the mix as well. Very few options in certain positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X