Nonu considers code switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonu considers code switch

@@@@SPAN style="COLOR: #003366; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Nonu considers code switch
    Monday, 18 December 2006 1:25 @@@@/SPAN>
    <DIV>@@@@SPAN style="COLOR: #003366; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">RTE Sport@@@@/SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV>@@@@SPAN style="COLOR: #003366; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></DIV>

All Blacks centre Ma'a Nonu has dropped a bombshell on the rugby world by saying he would be willing to switch codes and play rugby league in Australia after next year's World Cup.
    Nonu was in Sydney at the weekend for a charity beach-football competition featuring a host of rugby stars, and after rubbing shoulders with some of the best players in the National Rugby League, the All Blacks centre told reporters he would be interested in playing the game professionally in Australia.
    'I watch a lot of rugby league and really love the game,' Nonu told The Daily Telegraph.
    'I will have to see how it goes back home. I am contracted to the All Blacks until next year but I am willing to talk to (NRL) clubs.'
    Nonu, 24, who has family in Sydney, is rated as one of the most damaging outside backs in world rugby, but has played league in the past and could fill several different positions.
    'I played a bit of league back in school but it is not big over there (New Zealand),' he said.@@@@/SPAN>
    @@@@SPAN style="COLOR: #003366; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">@@@@/SPAN>

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">@@@@/SPAN>
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

go nonu go now
    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Isn't it funny how he mentions this while angling for a new contract with the All Blacks. Aussies in both codes have been doing the same for years.

Comment

TBF he is a league fan and did play in a touch tournament at the weekend

Comment

One player we can safely say would lose out to his irish equivalent in a head to head!

Comment

Originally posted by blackadder
            One player we can safely say would lose out to his irish equivalent in a head to head!

TBF, he can't get on in his position for the Lions

Comment

Nonu, please stay! BOD would fillet you five different ways in the RWC.

His defence against England was a laugh - Jamie effin' Noone scored twice!

But if Nonu does leave, the ABs will still be short of talent at 13. Anyone know of a midfieldopposition that can take advantage?[img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Who cares?Good luck to him, give me more money please.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

conrad smith is probably their first choice no.13,to be fair nonu is good at what he does.he caused havoc with ball in hand during the autumn internationals
                  g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                  -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                  -thomas sowell

Comment

He prefers second/outside centre, but most see his future (if he has one in union) on the wing

Comment

I wonder if theres any possibility of Regan King going back to play for the all blacks?

Comment

Let him go if he wants to, there'll be loads to fill his boots. Would be hard for King to play with the All Blacks based in the northern hemisphere

Comment

It would be impossible to play while based in Wales but if Graham Henry sent out the word to him he'd have to consider going back down there with a Super 14 club

Comment

Would be a pity to lose him from the league if that happened. I havnt read or heard of any rumblings in that direction though

Comment

Nonu. Max Factor v L'Oreal. Decisions, decisions.

Could care less if I tried, I suppose. Just can't be bothered.

Comment

Working...
                              X