Simon Geoghean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon Geoghean

Whats he doing now? Hard to believe we dont ever hear a thing about him anymore? He was fantastic!

A truley Great Irish Rugby Player.I think he is a successful Solicitor in London.
    I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

He's working in London for a law firm. Remember reading an article / interview in the Irish Times a while back, I think before the last world cup. Made for sad reading he said that retiring had really gutted him and he had only just started to attend games again. Seems that he stayed away from the rugby scenefor a goood number of years.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I think he got Arthritis in his Toe or Foot.He loved playing for Ireland.
        I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

<DIV>As I'm only a young fella myself, he's the first truly exciting Irish rugby player that I can remember. What a talent he was. Such a shame that his career was cut short.</DIV>
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

I think the last time I saw him was scoring a try for the Barbarians against South Africa? Rings a bell..

Comment

Was that in LR?
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                <div>As I'm only a young fella myself, he's the first truly exciting Irish rugby player that I can remember. What a talent he was. Such a shame that his career was cut short.</div>
                Ditto,

himself, Brendan Mullen, Gordon Hamilton and Ralph Keyes (cos he was from Cork like) were the ones that I'll remember as my earliest rugby memories
                Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

You could sense something at a match when the ball came to Geoghegan. There was some kind of expectation that something was to happen and you could sense it in the crowd. A great loss to rugby in general.
                  The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
                    ....Ralph Keyes.....

He had a very famous team mate when at Waterford RTC [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember watching Irish matches with my Dad shouting at the TV "OUT TO GEOGHEAN! GET THE BALL OUT TO GEOGHEAN! ". Still he seemed to rarely get the ball and even with his pure class was severly under used.

In those days we tended to have very little possession and he seemed like the person who could create a magic break from anywhere on the pitch. I wonder how he would rate compared to our backline members today.

Comment

Geoghan was the player that made rugby magical for me .. he was an exceptionally talent and shamefully under-utilized at the time. To just imagine a player of his talents in the current irish setup would leave you floating on cloud 9 in anticipation of the havoc they could cause [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Would he get his game? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

My computer thinks I'm gay
                          What's the difference anyway
                          When all the people do all day
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Geoghan what a ledgend , add him to our back line now and any team would fear us. Pity he was not part of this generation.

Comment

It's ashame he retired early as i think i'm probably right in saying if he'd played out a normal career (say to 33ish) he'd probably have got a year or two in the team with BOD andone or two of the current team when they were wee bairnswhich would have been worth seeing.

Comment

Working...
                              X