• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judo to help wales....

Now I am not buying into the whole... New Zealand are doing this, so
    now we should be doing this ... trick by Wales.... Not coming down hard
    on Wales, but Judo ain't gonna help them or anyone beat the
    All-Blacks...

If I was them, i would concentrate on Yoga... so they could Levitate.. especially ickle williams...[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="629">
    <t><tr><td colspan="3"><div ="mxb">
    <div ="sh">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">
    Wales add judo help to throw NZ

@@@@/SPAN></font>
    </div>
    </div>
    </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td valign="top" width="416">

<!- S BO ->
    <!- S IIMA ->

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203">
    <t><tr><td>
    <div>

<div ="cap">Jenkins was impressed by New Zealand's nous at the breakdown</div>
    </div>
    </td></tr>
    </t></table>

<!- E IIMA ->
    <!- S SF ->
    Wales coach Gareth Jenkins has revealed he is looking to the help of a black belt to help defeat the All Blacks.
    </font>

New Zealand beat Wales 45-10 in Cardiff on Saturday in an impressive display of both attacking rugby and tight defence.
    </font>

But as part of his rugby training schedule, New Zealand coach Graham Henry has used judo experts.
    </font>

"New Zealand have employed judo coaches for the last two
    years as part of their training week. We have started using it this
    month," Jenkins said.
    <!- E SF ->
    </font>

"It is catch-up stuff. But Neil Adams, the new national
    Wales judo coach, has been involved with us - and it has been
    enlightening to say the least."
    </font>

<!- S I ->
    <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208">
    <t><tr>
    <td width="5"></td>
    <td ="sibStdQuote">

<div>
    <div ="mva">

Those are the type of things that have to be part of the weekly environment
    <br clear="all"> </div>

</div>

<div ="mva">
    <div ="mva">Wales coach Gareth Jenkins</div>

</div>

</td>
    </tr>
    </t></table>

<!- E I ->

</font>

Jenkins will meet the four Welsh regional coaches in the
    next week and press upon them the importance of their role in
    developing a successful Wales team.
    </font>

He wants the regions to help implement a change in
    emphasis at the breakdown, including the judo classes, and an increased
    focus on tactical kicking.
    </font>

Jenkins believes only then will Wales be in a position to regularly challenge the southern hemisphere nations.
    </font>

"Those are the type of things that have to be part of the weekly environment at the regional level," Jenkins added.
    </font>

"Our group of boys have to be in that environment constantly - not just when they are in camp with Wales.
    </font>

"It is not just this generation but the next generation as well."
    </font>

<!- E BO ->

</font>

<br clear="all">
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

It might help a little bit but it's the players they pick that are the problem. They're a great attacking team and should stick to their strengths.

Comment

I wonder what the Ziwi judo coaches taught them?

Lesson 1: The Spear tackle

Lesson 2: Learning to fall (on the wrong side of the ruck)

Lesson 3: How to counteract a chokehold (particulary for use in World Cups).

Comment

EOS had the squad working with wrestlers in Poland, to help them in clearing out[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]. Leamy and somemore of the Munster team do pilates, which helps avoid injury. Roy Keane does pilates also. Brian Corcoran did tae kwon do as a kid, and he felt that the stretching and other work involved in this helped stave off injuries in his later career ( he had very few). Most teams are trying that kind of stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by Clon
          EOS had the squad working with wrestlers in Poland, to help them in clearing out[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]. Leamy and somemore of the Munster team do pilates, which helps avoid injury. Roy Keane does pilates also. Brian Corcoran did tae kwon do as a kid, and he felt that the stretching and other work involved in this helped stave off injuries in his later career ( he had very few). Most teams are trying that kind of stuff now.

Damn can't believe everyone forgot to mention that at the Q&amp;A last night !

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

No sense in knocking Pilates or yoga - although there's a mean little part of me that would like to watch the lads doing it, then point and laugh. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

In all seriousness I've found that my performance in several sports - running, cross-country (on de harses) and rugby - were all greatly, greatly improved by doing yoga. I got injured less, had a great deal more core stability and even less joint pain. So I would heartily recommend it to anyone participating in any sport at any level (i.e. I'm crap all the above sports - but yoga helped me improve).

I think the next sport rugby players will be taking up will be ballet Hear me out!All of it's predicated on very controlled core movements, and a great deal of it is based on the movement ofthe other participants' bodyweight. For example, John Hayes is basically a ballet dancer - line-out lifting has a great deal in common with ballet.

For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Haven't the Leinster boys taken up boxing?

The bull in a tutu[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

danny grewcock is a black belt at karate seemingly.this sort of stuff is becoming more and more incorporated into professional training.the georgian prop at the last world cup had competed in the olympics at wrestling
                g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

The bull in a tutu[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Ballet of choice - The Nutcracker [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Gloucester did it back in 2003 - here

Comment

Originally posted by The Crimson King

I think the next sport rugby players will be taking up will be ballet Hear me out!All of it's predicated on very controlled core movements, and a great deal of it is based on the movement ofthe other participants' bodyweight. For example, John Hayes is basically a ballet dancer - line-out lifting has a great deal in common with ballet.

You are not crazy at all CK. At one of the Q&amp;A or prematch sessions last year I distinctly remember one of the players or management mentioning that they had had 3 sessions in Poland, one with a wrestling coach, one with a sprint coach and the third with a (female) gymnast. No prizes for guessing whih one the boys enjoyed most ! That's not a million miles away from your ballet theory.[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Corker
                        You are not crazy at all CK.

Can I have that in writing for the sake of my friends and family?

Note to self: become Olympic gymnast. Invite Ireland squad round for tea and twister.

Comment

Never mind Judo...this is what Girvan and Geordan should be learning
                          <a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5590760540907286075&amp;q=yoshinkan+aikido" target="_blank">
                          here</a>

Comment

Working...
                          X