• Show
Clear All

wales and NZ ratings from NZ press

<H2>Player ratings for All Blacks v Wales</H2>27 November 2006
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=5>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD height=5></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    All the major players from the All Blacks' 45-10 demolition of Wales are rated out of 10.

ALL BLACKS
    Mils Muliaina 7
    He doesn't have a bad game so we have to judge him against his best performances and this wasn't one of them. Yet he did nothing wrong.

Rico Gear 6.5
    Wasn't able to get into the game as much as his mate on the opposite wing but did make one tackle-busting run to set up the penalty try.

Conrad Smith 7.5
    Was one of New Zealand's top tackler, which will surprise those who think he has defensive failings. On attack was creative and good with his hands.

Luke McAlister 7.5
    McAlister was part of so many attacks and also made a lot of stops defensively, although he sometimes bumps his rival without actually tackling him. Some poor decision-making marred an otherwise excellent game.

Sitiveni Sivivatu 9.5
    What a performer. The big winger was in everything, nearly every attack of substance featured him and his three tries were just reward for a fantastic all-round game.

Daniel Carter 7
    Keep the tape of this match for a gloomy day and watch Dan Carter drop the ball for the first time ever. Carter led the All Blacks' error-rate but also made a heap of tackles and ran hard.

Byron Kelleher 7
    Had one of those games where you don't notice a lot of what he was doing which suggests he was efficient and workmanlike.

Rodney So'oialo 6.5
    Like last week was right in the thick of the defensive action but hasn't been involved in open play as much as usual recently.

Richie McCaw 6.5
    Has to be marked down for being sent to the sin-bin after getting a warning. He did his best to disrupt Welsh ball but the referee was particular about the breakdown which made it hard for McCaw to escape unnoticed.

Jerry Collins 9.5
    Most tackles, most off-loads, most intimidating. Collins was the pick of the forwards in a robust display that was one of his best all year.

Ali Williams 8
    Is playing at a consistently high level these days and his clearing kick for touch when back in cover defence was worth the admission price.

Keith Robinson 7
    Not as effective as he was at Twickenham but his lineout skills are excellent - his perfect take at the back of the lineout sparked the set play that led to Sivivatu's third try.

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif" color=#000000
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

This is how they view the welsh team.

Agree/disagree with any of it? hav'nt watched the game yet so can't comment

Comment

Seems about right, a lot of the Welsh players were very poor. While NZ were good, they didn't have to be amazing.

Comment

Looks like they were very generous to the welsh.

My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

interesting that they rate popham better than Ryan Jones. Always thought popham was a very good player but the welsh go on about ryan jones like hes some kind of god!

Comment

Watched most of the game and must say the ratings are quite hard on some of their own guys. Of the Welsh, I did notice Martyn Williams soI guess they also did.

Where was it posted/published?

Comment

Popham is a class player, real hard b@$t@rd just ask Dallaglio and half the wasps team after the anglo-welsh final last year. popham destroyed anyone he came into contact with, total ball of aggression. R.Jones is living on his admittedly sensational Lions form and hasn't really got it back since his injury.

Interesting to note Hayman has played all but 5 minutes of the 4 tests...injury to him with Somerville stepping into the brach wouldn't be bad for any opposition!

Comment

Working...
              X