No announcement yet.

Another blow for Scotish rugby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, the Consiel General logo displayedat top left. Have been sposoring Perpignan for some time now, I think some other French teams are actively sponsored by their local/regional governments too, so maybe the Scots can go tapping up their local version of John O'Donoghue.....pity their election is over[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa
      Would the IRFU give them a Dig Out[img]smileys/question.gif[/img]
      We might have to, it's in our interests that Scotland get out of doldrums.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Ironic if we did, considering in 1972 our "Celtic cousins" almost put the IRFU out of business by declining to travel to Dublin, denying the Irish Unionany International revenue that year. Only for France graciously coming over to play a friendly we'd have been swimming in it.

Still, back to the present, and if it came to it I'm sure the IRB's more affluent nations will organise a dig-out if no sponsor can be found for Scotland in time. Certainly be in no-one's interest to see Scotland relegated to "B" nation status.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

Ironic if we did, considering in 1972 our "Celtic cousins" almost put the IRFU out of business by declining to travel to Dublin, denying the Irish Unionany International revenue that year. Only for France graciously coming over to play a friendly we'd have been swimming in it.

Still, back to the present, and if it came to it I'm sure the IRB's more affluent nations will organise a dig-out if no sponsor can be found for Scotland in time. Certainly be in no-one's interest to see Scotland relegated to "B" nation status.

To their eternal credit, England came to Dublin during that period too. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
            Originally posted by Ragusa
            Would the IRFU give them a Dig Out[img]smileys/question.gif[/img]
            We might have to, it's in our interests that Scotland get out of doldrums.

We shouldn't.

THe IRFU have enough issues of thier own to deal with without diverting valuable resources to the SRU.

The Scottish/ Britishgovernment should be able to help. There are surely grants available or they could come up with some sort of property based financial scheme.

Either way, there is more than enough resources in Britain to deal with this without the other Unions having to foot the bill.

Comment

Working...
            X