Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets Select a Munsterfans Irish Team

Hi Folks,

After posting the voting thread on Ireland's best shadow scrumhalf, I was thinking that it might be a good idea to select a Munsterfans irish (1st) team for the World Cup tests in advance of the group stages in September. This would enable people to vote for who they think is the best 6, and see what the site as a wholethinks. When we do this for each position (1-15) we can then put together a voted for Selection from Munsterfans.com.

Say 2 days per position, that's 30 days pre-world cup departure say. On top of that we could put some of the more closely disputed positions up for reselection between the big 2/3 tests in the WC. it should generate a bit of publicity for the site and even EOS might take a peek at it. It would also keep all those player A versus player B repetitive debates in one voting forum thread. Other alternative is to run 15 simulataneous polls for each position in the week before theworld cup.

What do people think? Would anyone (else) like to organise it?

alas they are just north munster now.......

Not much point really. There is really only 3 places that arent dead certs on the team, hooker, wing and FB. And seeing as this is munsterfans those places will go to Flannery, Carney and anybody but Girve[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

No doubt there will be many calls for Payne and Quinlan, worth it for comedy value alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy
        Not much point really. There is really only 3 places that arent dead certs on the team, hooker, wing and FB. And seeing as this is munsterfans those places will go to Flannery, Carney and anybody but Girve[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
        Top post. Saved hundreds of hours of work, and several finger injuries (from typing).

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
          No doubt there will be many calls for Payne and Quinlan, worth it for comedy value alone.

Comedy value[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Its a good point so, ok I will poll the board for those 3 positions only come WCup time- assuming the other positions are fairly nailed down.

Also there may well be injury issues impacting for instance losing Bod v Fra this year, 'inspired' EOS to bring in Shaggy to 12, Darcy to 13 and Murphy to 14 - that move cost us a Grand Slam IMHO, I think it would be interesting to hear what the board select in those type of scenarios closer to the event.

My hunch is that the board will select better options than EOS, cos he's a great coach but a very average selector.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

awww .. I thought this was going to be a thread about an Irish team using solely munster players [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

that'd be soooo easy, contrary to the popular belief outside the province that we have an over-abundance of foreigners...
              Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Working...
              X